• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

3 minutes ago, Sir said:

Any news? Any timeframe when we're supposedly meant to here something?

I don't believe that there's any great hurry just now... Spurs will be moving to Wembley next season (they're already playing CL games there now), so talk of bulldozers starting to knock down bits of the Bridge as soon as the end of this season are hugely premature.

Well the Club released a statement on the website to say that they were still on scheduled. Though I believe the schedule was to start work during the close season just gone so who knows.

paulw66   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

What will our friends in Liverpool make of this? 

Great news, I think in terms of both atmosphere and affordable tickets. Don't see a downside. 

Chelsea will consider a safe standing area at a rebuilt Stamford Bridge – but only if the government change the laws.

Planning proposals have been submitted for a £500million project that would see the club’s home demolished and rebuilt, with the capacity rising from 41,000 to 60,000.

And the issue of including standing areas at the revamped stadium have been regularly raised by supporters groups.

+3

Chelsea are considering the possibility of a safe standing area at their redeveloped ground

Sportsmail understands the club are open to the idea, but will only explore the possibility should there be new legislation.

They will not campaign for such a change.

Don't get your hopes up too quickly.

And are they really hoping for 60,000?  I thought previous estimates had been much lower.

Ham   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Don't get your hopes up too quickly.

And are they really hoping for 60,000?  I thought previous estimates had been much lower.

As it's working nicely in Scotland at a major club there's every chance that this will be introduced in England.

It was always 60000. The plans are at the Bridge museum. 

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

As it's working nicely in Scotland at a major club there's every chance that this will be introduced in England.

Well good luck with that.  I very much doubt it will ever happen.  Most people under 40  50 won't want to stand, they have never known standing.  And those over 40  50 won't want to stand either.

60,000 - oh good.

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well good luck with that.  I very much doubt it will ever happen.  Most people under 40  50 won't want to stand, they have never known standing.  And those over 40  50 won't want to stand either.

60,000 - oh good.

Been to a Chelsea away game recently? Everyone stands for the full 90 minutes regardless of age. 

There will be more than enough people wanting to fill a standing section at SB. In fact, those tickets will be hard to get hold of. 

Edit - almost the entire MHL stands for the whole game

Edited by paulw66

59 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think the government has far more pressing business for the next few years than introducing a new Bill that will allow previously all-seater stadia to convert parts to "safe standing" areas. I would also suggest that they will claim to require a lengthy period of "evidence" that these safe-standing areas are indeed safe! I can't see it happening any sooner than the Parliament after next (ie after the 2025 general election) by which time I would hope our new stadium would already have been built and operational for some years.

Edited by Bob Singleton

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Been to a Chelsea away game recently? Everyone stands for the full 90 minutes regardless of age. 

There will be more than enough people wanting to fill a standing section at SB. In fact, those tickets will be hard to get hold of. 

Edit - almost the entire MHL stands for the whole game

Ditto a good part of the Shed