• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bouncy Blue

Burnley away

Let's open a new topic in good time before the season kicks off. First fixture of the season is obviously always a big one, but what's the likelihood of getting a ticket as merely a member? In case it isn't a problem, I need to start thinking about booking cheap plane tickets...

I doubt they'll be sold on loyalty points so it'll be a typical 7am internet rush. The only question thereafter is how many members feel like travelling up to Burnley (which will also depend on whether the game is picked for TV).

I see, would make sense. Sure it's a bit of a trek, but first match of the season and Saturday. I can come up with worse ways to spend a sunny summer's day.

I'll certainly be going. :-p (Ticking Burnley off the list...)

It might not be on a Saturday in the end, though. Sky and BT haven't flung themselves at the fixture list yet.

see they're keeping the traveling fans in mind by moving this to monday night 8pm KO for the tele!

they couldn't play arse v palace on the monday night and us on the sat afternoon, nooooooo

bloody genius.

Probably as well. The prospect of a Monday night in Burnley (home of the "Singing Ringing Tree" and the Keighley Bus Museum, I kid you not) does not appeal. After a hard days graft, Monday night in front of the box has a tad more appeal.

Had the game been Saturday or Sunday (TV or not) It likely would have sold out during the 7AM on line rush or shortly after around 8 like Hull away last year.

Now I think It wont be hard to get a ticket if you are up early since its Monday at 20:00, people will have to take a half day off work and not get back to London until 3:30 tuesday and also work that day.

Last season the same thing happened with Man United away being on a Monday night. It was sold on LPs but did not sell out unitl all STH/all members and that was Man United away with a train.

I think you will be fine, be up at 7 and on line.

I'll have to go through my finances when I get my paycheck and see if I could make a short trip over. With Didier back, it would be worth it, even if it's Burnley on a Monday... :happy:

Surely the tickets are at most £30 a piece up there?

I'll have to go through my finances when I get my paycheck and see if I could make a short trip over. With Didier back, it would be worth it, even if it's Burnley on a Monday... :happy:

Surely the tickets are at most £30 a piece up there?

£40