Sir

Squad Status: 2016/2017 Season

1,214 posts in this topic

New season, new topic!

Going by the 19+3 rule Jose seem to like among his outfield players I guess we have 12/19 covered among the senior names.

DF: Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta

MF: Matic, Fabregas, Ramires

AM: Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Schurrle, Salah

S: -

That's 12 senior players who more or less are guaranteed to stay on for next season.

7 more "senior" players and 3 "younger ones" left to fill.

Costa and Luis looks likely to be 2 of the senior ones.

That leaves us with 5 more senior players and 3 younger ones. Out of these 8 players 5 need to be homegrown (unless we have a second choice GK lined up who's HG or Blackman stays on as 3rd choice GK).

You have forgotten Marko Van Ginkel.

He will be here next season.

You have forgotten Marko Van Ginkel.

He will be here next season.

Nope. I didn't forget Van Ginkel. Just as I didn't forget Mikel. For me it's not a certainty either will be here next season.

Foreigners (17/17):

Cech

Courtois

Schwarzer

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

Ramires

Mikel

van Ginkel

Matic

Oscar

Schürrle

Salah

Hazard

Willian

Atsu

Torres

Ba

Homegrown (6/8):

Cahill

Terry

van Aanholt

Bertrand

Fabregas

Moses

U21:

Blackman

Aké

Zouma

Omoreu

Chalobah

Lukaku

Others still at the club:

Wallace

Romeu

Traore

Piazon

T.Hazard

Marin

Bamford

McEachran , Baker, Swift. ( Loftus-Cheek. Boga Christensen, Feruz, Izzy Brown) could make the list

Edited by hallgalley

McEachran , Baker, Swift. ( Loftus-Cheek. Boga Christensen, Feruz, Izzy Brown) could make the list

I doubt any of them will do that this year - at least not the list of players JM intends to actually use, rather than bring in for a few minutes at the end of the season or the LC.

McEachran should have been breaking into the team this season, but it looks like he has missed the boat.

Others still at the club:

Wallace

Romeu

Traore

Piazon

T.Hazard

Marin

Bamford

Wallace, Romeu, Piazon, Marin & Bamford should be sold this summer. None of them have genuine Chelsea futures. Patrick may get a shot to fill an Association Trained spot but only for that reason.

Wallace, Romeu, Piazon, Marin & Bamford should be sold this summer. None of them have genuine Chelsea futures. Patrick may get a shot to fill an Association Trained spot but only for that reason.

I don't know why we'd sell Wallace yet - one of the few players that actually appears to have been bought in order to have a Chelsea future, despite his stinker of a loan spell. Selling Bamford after his performances on loan would send all the wrong messages.

I'd be very happy to see Atsu and Omeruo as first team squad members for next season.

Selling Bamford after his performances on loan would send all the wrong messages.

Surely if Bamford went on to get a good contract at a Championship team challenging for a PL place that would be great news for him and great encouragement for anyone younger at Chelsea.

Unless of course you meant that succeeding after being on loan for all but just 3 months of his two Chelsea years is a bad sign.