Sir

Squad Status: 2016/2017 Season

1,184 posts in this topic

Very much doubt McEachran will ever play a competitive match for Chelsea again, and to be fair he hasn't given us a reason to either over the last 3 years.

I'd say 4 years - but I'll probably get my head bitten off for that.

With Costa and Tiago we'd be at the limit of our foreigner allowance:

Foreigners (17/17):

Cech or Courtois

Schwarzer

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

Ramires

Mikel

van Ginkel

Matic

Tiago

Oscar

Schürrle

Salah

Hazard

Willian

Torres

Ba

Costa

Yes.

I doubt both Van Ginkel and Mikel will be in the final squad. And Lukaku for Ba would mean an FA trained player, wouldn't it?

Has there been any recent rumours about Tiago? Have been a bit offline lately. Remember there were some talk a month ago or something, but have not heard much since then.

Yes.

I doubt both Van Ginkel and Mikel will be in the final squad. And Lukaku for Ba would mean an FA trained player, wouldn't it?

Yes - that's my take on it as well. From that perspective, it would make a lot of sense to keep Lukaku as our second choice striker.

Yes.

At present Lukaku would still be an U21 player (1 Jan 1993 is the cut-off for this coming season). Being at the foreigner limit makes it likely that many of the loaned (stabled) players will now be loaned again, or hopefully sold. Shame for Atsu as I thought he was looking like a decent option - I'd like another left-footer in the attacking mid group.

At present Lukaku would still be an U21 player (1 Jan 1993 is the cut-off for this coming season). Being at the foreigner limit makes it likely that many of the loaned (stabled) players will now be loaned again, or hopefully sold. Shame for Atsu as I thought he was looking like a decent option - I'd like another left-footer in the attacking mid group.

OK. But what about CL - Lukaku is presumably not counted as U21 since he hasn't been with us recently. I presume he is FA trained according to them.

In anycase there seems some likelihood that Ba will not be there.

As I understand, Lukaku joined Chelsea on 8 Aug 2011 and so on 8 Aug 2014 he will have (just) met the UEFA criteria for an "association-trained player". As you say, he doesn't fit the List B criteria as he hasn't spent two years with us uninterrupted.

Here are the relevant extracts from this season's CL regs:

A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (I.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.

An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1993 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

So our club or association trained players are:

Fabregas, Moses, Lukaku, Cahill, Bertrand, van Aanholt (association-trained), Terry (club-trained)

B list eligible:

Blackman, Chalobah, McEachran, Aké, Baker, Swift

^ I'm 99.99% certain that PvA is a club-trained player and not an association-trained playeer.

He joined in 2007 and had two full uninterupted seasons with us beofre starting to go out on 3 months loans and such. I think if you combine all his time with us it's enough to qualify as a club-trained association player.

I reckon Drogba will come back as a player coach. Replacing Ba.

Lukaku on loan. Mankuzic in.

Torres....?