• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2017/2018 Season

21 minutes ago, jangz said:

Biggest issue is contract with extensions for hazard and courtois..

Biggest issue... really??? Hazard has a contract until summer 2020. If we're in the same situation this time next year, then perhaps, but just at the moment I wouldn't call it the biggest issue we have at the club.

Edited by Bob Singleton

jangz   
5 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Biggest issue... really??? Hazard has a contract until summer 2020. If we're in the same situation this time next year, then perhaps, but just at the moment I wouldn't call it the biggest issue we have at the club.

My concern comes from the mini crisis at RM..they have been courting him for a while and probably the Bale slot is opening up.. I feel a major push coming this summer.. I don't know how that will pan out.. 

13 minutes ago, jangz said:

My concern comes from the mini crisis at RM..they have been courting him for a while and probably the Bale slot is opening up.. I feel a major push coming this summer.. I don't know how that will pan out.. 

Hazard has said in the past (more than once) that his family are happy and settled in London (and by London, read the Cobham/Oxshott area) He's even said he'd quite happily live in the area once he stops playing. His eldest son is at school locally, and the others are nearing school age. He is a quite, family man who has said that one reason he and his family like 'London' is because people leave them alone even when they recognise him. He can go to the park with his kids, go to restaurants with his wife, etc and not be mobbed.
In spite of the obvious attractions of playing for as big a club as Real Madrid, I'm not sure he'd be all that keen on swapping the relative privacy he gets here for the goldfish bowl that is RM.

jangz   
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Hazard has said in the past (more than once) that his family are happy and settled in London (and by London, read the Cobham/Oxshott area) He's even said he'd quite happily live in the area once he stops playing. His eldest son is at school locally, and the others are nearing school age. He is a quite, family man who has said that one reason he and his family like 'London' is because people leave them alone even when they recognise him. He can go to the park with his kids, go to restaurants with his wife, etc and not be mobbed.
In spite of the obvious attractions of playing for as big a club as Real Madrid, I'm not sure he'd be all that keen on swapping the relative privacy he gets here for the goldfish bowl that is RM.

I guess I am just paranoid because he is such a special player.. the most skillfull player that has donned the famous blue.. I don't think we can replace him.. :(

On November 18, 2017 at 1:51 PM, jangz said:

I guess I am just paranoid because he is such a special player.. the most skillfull player that has donned the famous blue.. I don't think we can replace him.. :(

His idol is Zizou and, with any luck, he is going to be well fired by good old florentino perez long before the summer I hope!

On 11/18/2017 at 10:51 PM, jangz said:

If he were to go in this ridiculous market, he'd cost close to 200m. Not sure even Madrid would cough that up. 

12 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

If he were to go in this ridiculous market, he'd cost close to 200m. Not sure even Madrid would cough that up. 

Well I wouldn't write them off. PSG has laid down a marker with Neymar and Real being Real it sure has the looks of a pissing contest brewing. 

£200m for Hazard. Would we take it? Reluctantly I guess. What would that money buy us? Two Lukaku's? Err - no thanks. 

There is no value out there so there's no point selling Hazard. We should do everything we can to make him stay. 

10 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Madrid will happily cough up 200 mill in a NY minute. The problem for us is not whether anyone will buy but how do you replace him AND improve your team after selling. What is the point selling and becoming worse? That would be an Arsenal thing to do.

jones   

If Hazard does not sign an extension between now and the summer when he has two years left, it means the club has failed with their attempts to tie him down to a new deal. Which won't be a matter of money. He will be all over the rumour mill. It effectively means we will be forced to sell - perhaps already in the summer. 200mp is crazy of course, but it is what the price is going to be for one of only a few obtainable world class players. Our problem, as mentioned, is that despite that we can buy 3-4 great players for that kind of money we are not going to replace a world class player. 

A contract extension to Hazard would be as important to us as any new world class signing is.