• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2018/2019 Season

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Absolutely no way it can happen as you describe. Either you are thick, or you are pretending to be thick! I'm not sure which is the more worrying state of affairs.

Same old abusive Bob.

Interesting to hear that there is an extra set of rules for the draw over and above the ones talked about in that clip.  Are they defined anywhere?  Who writes them?  Have they ever been observed in an actual draw.  Is there an order they are applied in?  Does the order affect the odds of Man City vs Barca happening?  And who decides on the order?

So we if we accept's Bob's version we are back to a complicated algorithm controlled by people unknown that affects the outcome of the draw.  I win - thanks Bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Same old abusive Bob.

Interesting to hear that there is an extra set of rules for the draw over and above the ones talked about in that clip.  Are they defined anywhere?  Who writes them?  Have they ever been observed in an actual draw.  Is there an order they are applied in?  Does the order affect the odds of Man City vs Barca happening?  And who decides on the order?

So we if we accept's Bob's version we are back to a complicated algorithm controlled by people unknown that affects the outcome of the draw.  I win - thanks Bob.

Only in your self delusional mind, you do!

The rules are there for everyone to see. In the round of 16, clubs from the same association cannot be drawn together. It is therefore logical that having first drawn all the runners-up into games 1 to 8, as they do, if with two draws remaining there is one English club from pot A still awaiting an opponent, and one in pot B waiting to be drawn out, whichever team is drawn next will be placed in such a way as to avoid the two English teams playing each other.  A 5 year old could understand it... why can't you?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Only in your self delusional mind, you do!

The rules are there for everyone to see. In the round of 16, clubs from the same association cannot be drawn together. It is therefore logical that having first drawn all the runners-up into games 1 to 8, as they do, if with two draws remaining there is one English club from pot A still awaiting an opponent, and one in pot B waiting to be drawn out, whichever team is drawn next will be placed in such a way as to avoid the two English teams playing each other.  A 5 year old could understand it... why can't you?

Bob I'd stop the abuse if I were you or start to read the posts.  

If there is a way to avoid X play Y the draw is manipulated.  If you can't explain how, then just admit you don't know how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bob I'd stop the abuse if I were you or start to read the posts.  

If there is a way to avoid X play Y the draw is manipulated.  If you can't explain how, then just admit you don't know how.

I'll stop the abuse when you stop being deliberately argumentative for no good reason other than winning the argument in your head.

No wonder so many people have you on ignore... now I do too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'll stop the abuse when you stop being deliberately argumentative for no good reason other than winning the argument in your head.

No wonder so many people have you on ignore... now I do too.

And me. He's just a waste of valuable oxygen and nothing more. His knowledge of betting, odds and probability is completely and utterly puerile.

Now, there's a growing list of members who have the self-appointed fount of knowledge on ignore. You say you're adding yourself to that list and I already have. With a bit of luck he'll soon be left to do what he's profoundly overqualified for - play with himself.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   

I think people should maybe stop ganging up on Droy. If you don't agree with his points then there is no unwritten law of the internet which says you have to comment back. Personally I have a number of you on ignore, not because I neccessarily disagree with your views but rather your attitude is distasteful. All this vitriol that I see year in year out directed to the bete noir de jour makes it a rather unpleasant environment to frequent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I think people should maybe stop ganging up on Droy. If you don't agree with his points then there is no unwritten law of the internet which says you have to comment back. Personally I have a number of you on ignore, not because I neccessarily disagree with your views but rather your attitude is distasteful. All this vitriol that I see year in year out directed to the bete noir de jour makes it a rather unpleasant environment to frequent.

Well said..I too find the vitriol somewhat offensive and can read Droy and "opponents" viewpoints without getting personal rather taking the sense from everyone's posts,and there is a lot of sense there from everybody.

It's no wonder there are few new members or at least new postings when good points are obscured by handbag brawling between regulars who from their posts are obviously articulate literate intelligent guys and gals who I'm sure if all gathered together would provide good conversation and exchanges of ideas..

Please guys lets get back to the concept of the INTELLIGENT FORUM.

I have always been intensely competitive but as I have mellowed I no longer find it necessary to define myself by competing at every level whether I be right or wrong and I do understand the intensity of some feelings but usually on here the spats are over attitudes not discussion topics as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jangz   

Not sure where we are going with this.. another preseason looks like will be disruptive.. we are desperately short of cover in midfield and attacking third.. and need get rid of some deadwood we have collected over a couple of calamitous windows.. to add no one know who is quite in charge (atleast from the outside).. 

I don’t know if it’s too early but looks another frustrating few weeks in store for the faithful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

I find this whole ignore thing fascinating.There are people on here I agree with 90% of the time - there are people I agree with 1% of the the time - both advance my knowledge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   
On 11/07/2018 at 5:06 AM, kev61 said:

I find this whole ignore thing fascinating.There are people on here I agree with 90% of the time - there are people I agree with 1% of the the time - both advance my knowledge.

 

Knowledge is one thing but sometimes the attitude with which that knowledge is imparted is quite another. ;-)

Edited by Holymoly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now