• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2018/2019 Season

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

GK(3) Arrizabalaga, Caballero, Green

Def(8 +1) Azpilicueta, Zappacosta, Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz, Cahill, Alonso, Emerson + Ampadu

Mid (7) Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Barkley, RLC

AM (4+1) Pedro, Hazard, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, Moses

Str (3+1) Giroud, Morata, Abraham

3 GKs, 21 outfield players, assuming Bulka, Aina, Piazon, Bakayoko and Musonda move on loan and 3 U-21's.

I took the freedom to adjust a bit above. 

This is seemingly the squad I believe - especially considering Sarri's comments. Maybe there's still some uncertainty surrounding Moses, Drinkwater and Abraham. But I have a hard time seeing any of them moving to the Championship or the ontinent. 

Slightly disappointed Bats is off but happy Abraham is seemingly staying put. 

Still weaknesses at CB, AM and S and an overall lack of goals. I think our hope of making top four hinges on Tottenham and Man U having bad summers and potentially a WC-hangover, while the hope is that Arsenal will be just as uninspiring as their summer transfers. 

Been busy all day shooting at Africa Fashion Week London, but I've not seen any posts regarding Zouma... I gather his loan to Everton went through in the end?

^ Yep, all confirmed. Would've thought Keane and Mina will be their first choice pairing so struggle to see it as at all about development. Think Zouma has now firmly moved into the 'would be shipped permanently if someone would pay' loan camp. 

52 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

^ Yep, all confirmed. Would've thought Keane and Mina will be their first choice pairing so struggle to see it as at all about development. Think Zouma has now firmly moved into the 'would be shipped permanently if someone would pay' loan camp. 

I think you may well be right. Decent player, loved his enthusiasm, but not really good enough for where we want to be. His speed will only get him out of trouble so many times.

Rob B   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Apparently Marco Silva is looking to play 3 at the back which makes more sense, although with Sarri seemingly moving to a back 4, I agree it doesn’t bode well for his chelsea career

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Apparently Marco Silva is looking to play 3 at the back which makes more sense, although with Sarri seemingly moving to a back 4, I agree it doesn’t bode well for his chelsea career

Actually Zouma fits a back 4 with say Jorginho stepping in between them to get the ball moving than he does a back 3 where he has to take a part in the build up.  I think he may struggle at Everton if they are trying to play the ball around the back against better teams.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Actually Zouma fits a back 4 with say Jorginho stepping in between them to get the ball moving than he does a back 3 where he has to take a part in the build up.  I think he may struggle at Everton if they are trying to play the ball around the back against better teams.

Looked the part in a back 4 prior to his injury. Don’t think you can count his loan at Stoke because the whole team was sh@te. 

Rob B   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I meant that loaning him to a team playing a back 3, kind of implies they’re not too invested in his future as Sarri will never play that formation.

Seems to me that he’s been written off

So, we are now down to: 

GK - Kepa, Willy, Green 

CB - Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill, Ampadu 

FB - Dave, Zappa, Alonso, Emerson 

CM - Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Cesc, Barkley, Drinkwater, RLC 

AM - Hazard, Willian, Pedro, H-O, Moses

CF - Morata, Giroud, Abraham 

Personally, my feeling is that Abraham and RLC will get loaned. I say this as I think it will come down to a minutes situation in that both could go an play every minute elsewhere rather than hardly ever here. For me I reckon Tammy will end up at Villa or Derby (I am actually surprised someone like Hudds did not try and sign him as they are so short on goals) and RLC will end up in Spain or Germany. 

As for Jan I expect to see Cahill replaced with a CB and possibly another AM added if goals are needed (Fekir?) as there are no CF's on the market that fit the right profile. 

35 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

So, we are now down to: ..

24 + Abraham (20) + 2 17-year olds who might surprise us, but shouldn't be a part of planning.
A full squad for once which should avoid any unpleasant surprises.

7+Abraham FA HG so all can go into a PL squad, but 3 would have to drop out of Europa squad (I presume old CL rules still apply).

Quite why Moses is included as AM I don't understand, but that is where he is being brought on to play in Sub appearances so far.
For me the AMs are Pedro, Hazard, Willian, Barkley and RLC.  
I'm not too sure how Barkley, RLC and Abraham are going to work out, but if we keep 3 strikers and the 5 AMs I mentioned that should be enough.  
Back 4 is probably overstaffed in comparison.

All too good to believe really - I suspect 2 or 3 more loans.