• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2019/2020 Season

Holymoly   

I see RLC no longer even makes the bench. Seems like the odds of the academy ever producing a worthwhile first team player are drifting out all the time now with there being little hope of Conte reversing the trend.

12 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I see RLC no longer even makes the bench. Seems like the odds of the academy ever producing a worthwhile first team player are drifting out all the time now with there being little hope of Conte reversing the trend.

After last night Chalobah may well have a chance.

Rob B   
22 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

After last night Chalobah may well have a chance.

I'd almost forgotten Nate.  A midfield three of Chalobah > Kante > Fabregas might work?

You'd have Nate and Kante as the legs, and Fabregas the creativity.  Arguably you also get more out of Kante in a box to box role. 

If we're going to see Fabregas from the start, it wouldn't surprise me if we accommodate the change in other ways e.g. Mikel / Chalobah in too. 

Harvz   

Thorgan Hazard has six goals in seven appearances I see. I need to watch more Bundesliga, so I can't comment on his overall play, but does anyone know how he is defensively? Oscar barely even flatters to deceive any more. We wore him into the ground and we're left with OscarLite. Wonder whether Thorgan could come back and take his place - his form is akin to KDBs when he started to light up the league over there.

Holymoly   

He was one of the vanishingly few young players we ended up selling rather than loaning out again. Another astute piece of business there or perhaps it was just he was the only one anyone was prepared to pay money for.

We have a buy back on him I gather, though I doubt we'd want him for ourselves.

What I want to know is why we don't own the youngest brother who is 21.

Kylian Hazard - what a name.

Newstyle   

So, with a 3-4-3 which is what we played against Hull, our squad depth in terms of range of positions for this formation looks like

Courtious/Begovic

Azpi/Ivanovic          Terry/Cahill         Luiz/Zouma

Moses/Aina        Kante/Fabregas/Mikel              Matic/Chalobah/RLC             Alonso/Todd Kane?

Willian/Pedro                                                           Hazard/Oscar 

Costa/Batshuayi/Solanke 

If we carry on with this formation till Christmas we are clearly looking congested in CM, with not enough experience back-up at wing back. 

I'd recall Kenedy from Watford if he still isn't getting game time )would also give us a genuine wide option instead of Oscar there, given Moses is at RB.

Would having Ivanovic as a back-up to Moses hide his ageing legs?

paulw66   
35 minutes ago, Newstyle said:

So, with a 3-4-3 which is what we played against Hull, our squad depth in terms of range of positions for this formation looks like

Courtious/Begovic

Azpi/Ivanovic          Terry/Cahill         Luiz/Zouma

Moses/Aina        Kante/Fabregas/Mikel              Matic/Chalobah/RLC             Alonso/Todd Kane?

Willian/Pedro                                                           Hazard/Oscar 

Costa/Batshuayi/Solanke 

If we carry on with this formation till Christmas we are clearly looking congested in CM, with not enough experience back-up at wing back. 

I'd recall Kenedy from Watford if he still isn't getting game time )would also give us a genuine wide option instead of Oscar there, given Moses is at RB.

Would having Ivanovic as a back-up to Moses hide his ageing legs?

If we persist with 3-4-3, the left wing back position looks light, and we'd have to hope that Alonso is both good enough, and fit enough to maintain his position. 

The right side is less worrying. Azpilicueta or Willian depending on how attacking you wanted to be could fill in there. 

☝︎  Alonso played left CB in a three quite a lot at Fiorentina, so could also be used there. Aina, like Azpilicueta, can play left or right full back (but can he play wing back? Time may tell. He certainly has the energy, which is a start)