• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2020/21 Season

Recommended Posts

I said it when RLC was sixteen and still say it today: Chelsea, and it's fans, are more critical of RLC than any other youth player I can ever remember. Whether it's because of expectation or the old, dead perceived lazy attitude( which I never saw once)the club have given RLC more broken promises than most kids we shaft. He's been asked to fight for his place before and was never given a chance. I doubt it will be different this time, either as, even with Christensen last term we needed freak events for a proven CL CB tro even get a shot so what chance Ruben getting a go if Kovacic or Kante get hurt? For me  RLC is better than Barkley in literally every sense, ditto for Drinkwater and Fab is only better at a legs free playmaking role.

As I see it, under Sarri , only the current, match ending trio are currently superior to RLC and for number 8 he's so easily our best option after Kovacic that it's not a debate yet even then he will get fewer chances than Barkley because he didn't cost a fee to sign. If Ruben has any sense he will leave for good asap. I pray I am wrong but the lack of time for both Ruben and Andreas is, so far, depressing to me. I have seen us mess kids about for too long and I would never tell any kid to join our, admittedly brilliant, academy as there is no hope of progressing. I swear, Ruben is, for me, our second best option for both advanced CM roles and NEEDS minutes for when injuries come but the paucity of minutes shows his hopes are slight imho.

Edited by mastiffchild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   
57 minutes ago, mastiffchild said:

I said it when RLC was sixteen and still say it today: Chelsea, and it's fans, are more critical of RLC than any other youth player I can ever remember. Whether it's because of expectation or the old, dead perceived lazy attitude( which I never saw once)the club have given RLC more broken promises than most kids we shaft. He's been asked to fight for his place before and was never given a chance. I doubt it will be different this time, either as, even with Christensen last term we needed freak events for a proven CL CB tro even get a shot so what chance Ruben getting a go if Kovacic or Kante get hurt? For me  RLC is better than Barkley in literally every sense, ditto for Drinkwater and Fab is only better at a legs free playmaking role.

As I see it, under Sarri , only the current, match ending trio are currently superior to RLC and for number 8 he's so easily our best option after Kovacic that it's not a debate yet even then he will get fewer chances than Barkley because he didn't cost a fee to sign. If Ruben has any sense he will leave for good asap. I pray I am wrong but the lack of time for both Ruben and Andreas is, so far, depressing to me. I have seen us mess kids about for too long and I would never tell any kid to join our, admittedly brilliant, academy as there is no hope of progressing. I swear, Ruben is, for me, our second best option for both advanced CM roles and NEEDS minutes for when injuries come but the paucity of minutes shows his hopes are slight imho.

I must admit to not being a fan of RLC so we have a difference of opinion. The rest about the academy is just wrong for me. Who have we let through our fingers from the academy? No one. They are all playing at a decent level but below ours. No problem letting them go. 

We have got some good prospects at the moment. It'll be interesting if any of them make it big at a top team without getting a go here first. If they're good enough they will make it here. IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mastiffchild said:

I said it when RLC was sixteen and still say it today: Chelsea, and it's fans, are more critical of RLC than any other youth player I can ever remember. Whether it's because of expectation or the old, dead perceived lazy attitude( which I never saw once)the club have given RLC more broken promises than most kids we shaft. He's been asked to fight for his place before and was never given a chance. I doubt it will be different this time, either as, even with Christensen last term we needed freak events for a proven CL CB tro even get a shot so what chance Ruben getting a go if Kovacic or Kante get hurt? For me  RLC is better than Barkley in literally every sense, ditto for Drinkwater and Fab is only better at a legs free playmaking role.

As I see it, under Sarri , only the current, match ending trio are currently superior to RLC and for number 8 he's so easily our best option after Kovacic that it's not a debate yet even then he will get fewer chances than Barkley because he didn't cost a fee to sign. If Ruben has any sense he will leave for good asap. I pray I am wrong but the lack of time for both Ruben and Andreas is, so far, depressing to me. I have seen us mess kids about for too long and I would never tell any kid to join our, admittedly brilliant, academy as there is no hope of progressing. I swear, Ruben is, for me, our second best option for both advanced CM roles and NEEDS minutes for when injuries come but the paucity of minutes shows his hopes are slight imho.

We've only had 2 league matches!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's nonsense we've 'messed' any kids about. Generally what we've done is massively, massively overpay them. 

That, arguably, isn't helpful for them in lots of ways but I doubt there is a single kid that doesn't know what the deal is when they join the academy or sign a pro contract. We set up lots of kids for life, either by paying huge amounts that subsidise their later non-playing lives or by training them up for a decent trade in the lower leagues. 

Can hand on heart say I've never seen or heard RLC be called lazy by anyone, Chelsea fan or otherwise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, thevelourfog said:

I think it's nonsense we've 'messed' any kids about. Generally what we've done is massively, massively overpay them. 

That, arguably, isn't helpful for them in lots of ways but I doubt there is a single kid that doesn't know what the deal is when they join the academy or sign a pro contract. We set up lots of kids for life, either by paying huge amounts that subsidise their later non-playing lives or by training them up for a decent trade in the lower leagues. 

Can hand on heart say I've never seen or heard RLC be called lazy by anyone, Chelsea fan or otherwise. 

 

Critics of RLC have not called him lazy it's as if something is missing most games. Sounds unfair but what I mean is it's been frustrating watching him unlike the few other youngsters on show at the minute. They all look to be trying to make an impression and give everything they have. RLC just doesn't seem to take his appearances as opportunities to shine. All the talent in the World can't make up for lack of all out effort.

Not his fault but the media make it worse by referring to him as "England WC star "etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chara said:

Critics of RLC have not called him lazy it's as if something is missing most games. Sounds unfair but what I mean is it's been frustrating watching him unlike the few other youngsters on show at the minute. They all look to be trying to make an impression and give everything they have. RLC just doesn't seem to take his appearances as opportunities to shine. All the talent in the World can't make up for lack of all out effort.

Not his fault but the media make it worse by referring to him as "England WC star "etc.

When he came on as a sub against Huddersfield, there was a moment when he did a lovely flick to a team-mate to open up space, but in stead of bombing through into the space he'd just created, he effectively sat back to admire his pass before jogging nonchalantly forward. It's a common theme of his game. Having only been on the pitch for ten or so minutes, he couldn't have been tired, and later he did make a powerful run, so it's not laziness... he just doesn't seem to have the brain necessary to make the right decision often enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

When he came on as a sub against Huddersfield, there was a moment when he did a lovely flick to a team-mate to open up space, but in stead of bombing through into the space he'd just created, he effectively sat back to admire his pass before jogging nonchalantly forward. It's a common theme of his game. Having only been on the pitch for ten or so minutes, he couldn't have been tired, and later he did make a powerful run, so it's not laziness... he just doesn't seem to have the brain necessary to make the right decision often enough.

I feel assessments like these are ott. 

Against Huddersfield he had several good flicks when he did bomb forward into the space he created. He had a chance to score from one of those runs. 

Edited by The_Ghost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

I find it odd that there are rumours or people who think that RLC should leave to get minutes whereas its perfectly fine in a City team of 5 world class midfielders vying for 2 spots and everyone seems to be doing fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

I find it odd that there are rumours or people who think that RLC should leave to get minutes whereas its perfectly fine in a City team of 5 world class midfielders vying for 2 spots and everyone seems to be doing fine.

I think Drinkwater and Moses will be the odd ones out, not RLC or Abraham. Reassessment in January makes sense, depending on our progress in the league cup and Europa League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2018 at 0:20 AM, Bob Singleton said:

When he came on as a sub against Huddersfield, there was a moment when he did a lovely flick to a team-mate to open up space, but in stead of bombing through into the space he'd just created, he effectively sat back to admire his pass before jogging nonchalantly forward. It's a common theme of his game. Having only been on the pitch for ten or so minutes, he couldn't have been tired, and later he did make a powerful run, so it's not laziness... he just doesn't seem to have the brain necessary to make the right decision often enough.

Have to agree with all of this. It is not that RLC is 'lazy' a term but his work off the ball is very poor. Untill he becomes better at that or improves his on the ball skills to Hazard level then he will continue being on the bench. 

Going onto squad matters, one thing I am really excited about this year is having a full squad quota which means that we can have a full PL side and a full Ropey League/Cup side. This for me is the way the fringe players will get meanigful minutes anf have an oppotunity to play themselves into a the PL team. For me, the teams should be as follows: 

PL 

Kepa

Dave Rudiger Luiz Alonso 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic 

Pedro Morata Hazard 

 

Ropey League

Kepa

Zappa Christensen Cahill Emerson 

Drinkwater Cesc RLC 

Willian Giroud CHO 

Domestic Cups 

Willy 

Zappa Ampadu Christensen/Cahill Emerson 

Barkley Cesc RLC 

Moses Abraham/Giroud CHO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now