• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2020/21 Season

I think it will be MvG and Romeu to go (on loan, probably). I think JM will want older more experienced players to get solidity in the base of midfield and so will want to choose from Fabregas, Matic, Mikel and Ramires.

I think this is the most likely scenario at the moment.

GK: Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer (PL)/Blackman (CL)

DF: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Christensen, Luis, Ake

MF: Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Mikel

AM: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah

S: Costa, Torres, Drogba

17 foreigners, 3 HG and 3 U-21's. 20 outfielders.

12 players for the 6 attacking positions is light. 17 senior outfielders is absolute madness. I hope JM takes a good look at Moses. An attacking HG player... Yes, not the best player around but offers some depth at least.

Based on José's comments I'd expect Schwarzer and Romeu to be the ones that don't make the PL squad.

Moses could be useful but given that Mikel is back and he's still awol, he must be on his way.

Based on José's comments I'd expect Schwarzer and Romeu to be the ones that don't make the PL squad.

Moses could be useful but given that Mikel is back and he's still awol, he must be on his way.

Well if Schwarzer doesn't make the PL squad he sure as hell ain't making the CL squad. Meaning it was completely irrelevant to re-sign him in the first place.

He'll train at Cobham for a year basically. No chance of any PL or CL action. Likely to be a sub in the domestic cups perhaps.

Agree Romeu is gone.

Well if Schwarzer doesn't make the PL squad he sure as hell ain't making the CL squad. Meaning it was completely irrelevant to re-sign him in the first place.

He'll train at Cobham for a year basically. No chance of any PL or CL action. Likely to be a sub in the domestic cups perhaps.

Agree Romeu is gone.

I guess he's the backup in case one of Cech or Courtois doesn't sticking around for the whole season. But yes he's likely to be here just to be sub keeper in the cups.

I can only figure Romeu's new contract was a way of getting a fee for him next summer.

I guess he's the backup in case one of Cech or Courtois doesn't sticking around for the whole season. But yes he's likely to be here just to be sub keeper in the cups.

I can only figure Romeu's new contract was a way of getting a fee for him next summer.

Yeah that contract extension can only have been about that.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/mikel--with-experience-comes-responsibility.html?

Official site.

Not the kind of interview you'd expect from player that wants to move on or feels he is being pushed. So it looks like he is staying.

I'm happy anyway.

Quite happy with that. With the lack of quality we have at CM there is no way we can afford letting go of Mikel.

jones   

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/mikel--with-experience-comes-responsibility.html?

Official site.

Not the kind of interview you'd expect from player that wants to move on or feels he is being pushed. So it looks like he is staying.

I'm happy anyway.

Yep. JM also mentioned him as one of two DMs, in addition to Matic. Looks like he is staying. Romeu will go on loan. Schwarzer will have to do a Hilario.

Moses is gone too, considering his MIA status. Baker will probably give us depth.

Faramir   

Quite happy with that. With the lack of quality we have at CM there is no way we can afford letting go of Mikel.

The good thing about Mikel is he is willing to take on the role of a squad player.

Andyn   

Official site.

I'm happy anyway.

+1

Well, now we know who that "one foreigner too many" was... Oriel Romeu is off to Stuttgart on loan for a year

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/romeu-loaned-to-stuttgart.html

Edited by Bob Singleton