• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

Sciatika   

I wonder what would have happened if he had gone there 6 years ago.

There'd be a raft of people here clammering to sign him.

Holymoly   

Southampton do seem to have big advances over us in bringing on kids - wage structure, a first team that can use them as they break through (esp as a Championship team not long ago). And somehow they manage to keep they players' feet on the ground.

That was exactly my point. They have a realistic wage structure and a first team that can use them. I would still argue however that our players are intrinsically more gifted. It is just that their subsequent wage demands of other clubs are entirely unrealistic meaning they eventually sink without trace, weighted down by their Rolex and Bentley Continental.

That was exactly my point. They have a realistic wage structure and a first team that can use them. I would still argue however that our players are intrinsically more gifted. It is just that their subsequent wage demands of other clubs are entirely unrealistic meaning they eventually sink without trace, weighted down by their Rolex and Bentley Continental.

Precisely.

Heaven help Josh if he thinks he is going anywhere outside the PL on his reported £35k a week salary. Even if £30k is subsidised by Chelsea.

It is going to be very unpleasant in the changing rooms.

jones   

Mark Schwarzer back at Cobham working with some kids, while Thibaut, Cech and Beeney are on tour ... Looking like a possibility that his new deal was more a back-up role in the squad in case of injuries, in addition to a coaching/ambassador/Hilario role. Considering the situation we face when it comes to our too many foreigners, this makes more than a lot of sense.

With Beeney/Blackman as 3rd choice, we will be set for the PL with what we currently have (assuming one of Romeu or Mikel will go). For the CL, expect something like last year, where Essien had to be excluded for (at first) the 6 group games.

You can easily read too much in these kind of interviews, but just the fact that he mentions Schwarzer as a good back up goalkeeper, if necessary, tells me he's very much thinking about losing either Cech or Courtois.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9402007/Mourinho-wants-Cech-to-fight-for-place

Dangerous to read too much into it, but my gut feel watching that is that Jose's ranks Courtious as his number one.

I don't think the club would have brought 'Teebo' back to sit on the bench, preferring him to sign a new deal and loan him again, or sell him. As this hasn't happened, and they're doing the whole PR thing on CTV with him, I expect him to start at Burnley.

Bison   

Am I the only one to think that in big games, Mourinho will play with Ivanovic at RB and Azpi at LB?

That really doesn't make much sense. What would have been the point of signing Luis in that case?

Edited by Bison