• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

paulw66   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

1) Yes you have, more than a dozen times.

2) So now you believe "reports"??? RLC was not on £65k/week from a young age. If you believe that you'll believe anything. 

3) Perhaps you should take this onboard yourself? Just a friendly suggestion. 

Serious question.........how much do you think RLC has earned over his Chelsea career? It's no small outlay, IMO, whatever the actual final numbers are. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Serious question.........how much do you think RLC has earned over his Chelsea career? It's no small outlay, IMO, whatever the actual final numbers are. 

No. But pick any random footballer we have signed and none will have earner small money. 

On 19/07/2021 at 0:28 PM, paulw66 said:

£60k a week on his first deal and then anywhere between £80k-£120k on his current one. 

• Thanks 1

Kovacic switching from the 17 shirt to 8 is a not too subtle hint to Ross Barkley that his services are no longer required, I guess.

So, at least we know who’s stil got a chance at the squad. 

27 players, 23 outfielders (28 and 24 including Lukaku). That is probably 3 too many and the players who are not yet nailed on seem to be Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah (but him getting 14 is an indication on where it may end up), Anjorin, Emerson and Ampadu. 

Rob B   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

So, at least we know who’s stil got a chance at the squad. 

27 players, 23 outfielders (28 and 24 including Lukaku). That is probably 3 too many and the players who are not yet nailed on seem to be Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah (but him getting 14 is an indication on where it may end up), Anjorin, Emerson and Ampadu. 

Yep.  Ampadu will almost certainly go out on loan again and Tammy will probably be sold which means that I think one more has to go at the very minimum.

TT really seems to like Anjorin, and Chalobah has forced his way into the thinking, but with them it’s also a question of their development, so wouldn’t be surprised to so either go on a decent level loan. 

Have a suspicion that RLC is happy to stick around even if it means he doesn’t play that much. 

Sciatika   

We have a lot of players in the final year of their contract. If they don't go this summer, they will go on a free next. Not in the squad, there are Bakayoko, Baker, Batsuayi, Drinkwater, Kenedy, Musonda, Rahman, Sterling, Ugbo and Zappacosta.We also have Abraham and Emerson in the squad who will struggle to get starts. Presumably, this is Silva's last season, but Rudiger, Azpi and Christensen will be renewed.

Edited by Sciatika

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yep.  Ampadu will almost certainly go out on loan again and Tammy will probably be sold which means that I think one more has to go at the very minimum.

TT really seems to like Anjorin, and Chalobah has forced his way into the thinking, but with them it’s also a question of their development, so wouldn’t be surprised to so either go on a decent level loan. 

Have a suspicion that RLC is happy to stick around even if it means he doesn’t play that much. 

Right now I’d say that Abraham, Ampadu, Anjorin and possibly Chalobah (if we sign Kounde) will leave - either on loan or permanently. But I also think it’s a bit rich to have Azpilicueta, James, Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma, Silva and Chalobah all able to play in the 3. 

Emerson is a strange one. I’m surprised there doesn’t seem to be any takers, or that his agent hasn’t succeeded in finding him a new club. He’s too good to be a LB3.