• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cfchoward

Membership 2014/15 season

Does anyone know how many fans were members for season 2013/14 the club say it was a record number,if that is the case and only 8000 tickets are available for each home game for members it would mean if we have 80000 members each member would have a one in ten chance of getting a ticket not very good. Another point the club says if we get to a major final lets say the fa cup final where we normally get around 25000 tickets members with the most loyalty points will get a ticket what would the members allocation likely to be. They make another point saying non members pay an extre five pounds per game how many games last season went on general sale.Memberships start at twenty five pounds it would be fairer to give each member who buys a ticket five pounds back up to the value of the membership cost. What do other fans feel about the membership scheme is it fair.

JayD   

I'd say only 1/10 members will want to attend each match. I had a membership last season and only missed 3 games home / away & Europe. Providing you want to put the time and effort into going, you won't have problems getting tickets to matches.

If you want a ticket to any cup final (except maybe the league cup) it is extremely unlike that you will get a ticket. Final tickets are sold to Season Ticket holders first, then if any are left, they will go to members. This was the case with the Champions League SEMI final against madrid aswell. There are never any left really.

I think the membership scheme is fair, and good. Up until the point that somebody like me who was a member last year done every game, but wouldn't be entitled to a final ticket had we of got to any finals.

Go to more games = more chance of getting tickets. The system works on loyalty.If people want to do all games, they can get a Season ticket. I missed the deadline last year, but got on all 3 schemes this year so am guarenteed tickets to every game next season. Easy.

synavm   

JayD, you must be absolutely loaded.

Would love to be able to get to every game (not really a question of effort or commitment), but have been priced out of going to any more than 10-15 games a season.

JayD, you must be absolutely loaded.

Would love to be able to get to every game (not really a question of effort or commitment), but have been priced out of going to any more than 10-15 games a season.

Unless he's hiding something from his mates he's not!!!

It's all about priorities. When I lived in London basically all my money I had to spend after all my bills were paid went on Chelsea and Guinness and to that ridiculous train system of yours...

Football is expensive and to follow the club as closely as some of our fans do costs a bomb. I reckon you should expect to spend £4-5k/season to follow Chelsea domestically and a few games out in Europe...

JayD   

Dave has it right. I'm in no way minted.No wife or kids helps a fair bit though. Reckon I done over £10k last season though. It is a fair bit of money.