• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Chelsea Sign Diego Costa

51 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Talking about the fee - the point that YOU raised, and that I responded to. Short term memory loss, or just being slippery again? Sorry, but you're going to have to try a lot harder than that.

Is that what I was supposed to do? Not the point YOU made, or I responded to (again).  And do try to keep up here - I'm talking about the Costa that's been wearing the shirt since JANUARY THIS SEASON. Which is always what I've referred to, and what you desperately try to change when you're drowning.

Pointless even attempting to have a sensible discussion with you on this. You used to be worth the effort, but not any more. I'm done.

I'm also talking about the Costa from January.

Name a Chelsea CF who has been better than even this Costa since the 2012 DD.

We have gone through the worst consecutive period without a clean sheet in 20 years, and you are still hoping to improve on the CF who still has better form than anyone else we have had for 5 years

Talking about the fee - the point that YOU raised, and that I responded to. Short term memory loss, or just being slippery again? Sorry, but you're going to have to try a lot harder than that.

So again - we can't discuss a hypothetical fee because that is speculation,  But we can discuss a move because that is...  er MT speaking?

And now you call me slippery.  You are better than this, but you are beginning to sound like some of those noisy minorities.

BTW - anyone recall a summer move to China before?  Still no examples.

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So again - we can't discuss a hypothetical fee because that is speculation,  But we can discuss a move because that is...  er MT speaking?

Of course, this is once again, NOT what I said. Just thought I'd correct that before popping you on 'ignore' - something I've never felt the need to do before. Enjoy yourself - I'm out.

18 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Personally I'll be pleased when he goes - too high maintenance. 

Worse than DD post Mourinho 07?? Constantly flirted with the idea of a return to Marseille - never materialized and look at the number of trophies he helped bring to us. 

I challenge you to present a great CF that doesnt have an ego problem. Eto'o, DD, Henry, RvN... The list goes on and on. 

One of the quickest to 50 PL goals, and I'm guessing our quickest ever?

Yes, he has patches of bad from, and he's obviously not entirely happy in the country, but/if when he does go, we're really going to miss him IMO, regardless of who else comes in.

I'm still hoping he signs an extension and sticks around. 

Ham   
7 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

One of the quickest to 50 PL goals, and I'm guessing our quickest ever?

Yes, he has patches of bad from, and he's obviously not entirely happy in the country, but/if when he does go, we're really going to miss him IMO, regardless of who else comes in.

I'm still hoping he signs an extension and sticks around. 

I think Jimmy Floyd got there a couple of games quicker. 

paulw66   

JFH one game quicker but a fair few if those would have been penalties. 

A great achievement to get to 50 goals as quick as he has.

His second goal last night was the goal of the season, absolute class.

I don't get the criticism he has received recently, his goals and form for the most part of this season are one of the main reasons we look set to win the league. He has been unplayable at times and the best in the world at what he does.

Yes he has suffered a loss of form, as do all players at some point during a season but I fail to see why there is so much venom aimed towards him. Sabotaging our season, missing chances on purpose, looking uninterested, wanting to leave are all criticisms I've seen levelled at him. All of which without any foundation of truth.

He maybe, just maybe,  had a dip in form, nothing more, nothing less. At any other club he would have been rested or dropped but our board, in its infinite wisdom, decided to buy a forward the manager clearly didn't want so we have zero alternatives and the only choice Conte had was to play him through this spell. Hardly a fault of the player, is it? He may have not been playing well but his work rate and effort has never been in doubt, hardly a sign of a player deliberately playing badly, just a player out of form.

I for one doubt very much we would be in the position we are currently in with any other forward In the world leading our line with our style of play. Last night's goals were massive and I really hope he continues to score the goals that push us on to be champions this year. It will leave a lot of people looking rather silly.

When he gets the abuse he does from everyone in this country, including his own fans, I wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to leave. Hope everyone is looking forward to Lukaku next season.

Edited by Martin1905

Jasonb   

Re Costa, great to see him firing on all cylinders.

I thought he wanted to go, that being the case let's sell him.

If he stays he is likely to have these barren spells again so we need another CF who can step in and in looks like Bats is not that man. Of course any other CF that can play up front on his own and provide a goal scoring threat is likely to command a fairly high fee and might not want to play second fiddle to Diego.