Harvz

Official: Chelsea Sign Diego Costa

1,210 posts in this topic

Perhaps we can now stop with those ludicrous allegations that Costa would intentionally try to harm our chances to regain the title or that he doesn't care for our cause. 

Just look at his reaction to scoring. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know you aren't looking.  

And now he is being quoted everywhere saying he has been told he will be leaving.

Its a shame but I can't help feeling he has brought it on himself. The whole China story and repeated links to Madrid have left a slightly bitter taste. How true the stories are is open to debate but there is no smoke without fire. Respective transfer bans in China and at AM have slowed things down but Conte is maybe thinking he can't build around Costa as he is likely to revive his interest to move again when bans are lifted and that would disrupt the building he wants to do. If his targets are now available I would reluctantly agree to release him. I am more excited to see Contes team than more Costa stories

The thing with Costa is that he's made it quite clear who he wants to join. The problem being Atletico not being an option because they cannot register new players, so unless he's happy (which he seemingly isn't) to spend the first half of the season inactive, he's going to have little choice in who he joins. Because of the way he's gone about it there's probably little care now had with the club about who he's sold to (within reason), as long as we get good value. Other clubs will be wary of signing him because of his continuous efforts of returning to Spain, so he needs to be careful because he could well end up remaining here and being exiled from the first team until January.

Or, Athletico sign him, and loan him out until January, thus still not registering any new players?

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Or, Athletico sign him, and loan him out until January, thus still not registering any new players?

Yeah, forgot to include that. It would still mean Atletico paying up.

Also is it 3 clubs per season the limit? 

9 hours ago, zaffo said:

Yeah, forgot to include that. It would still mean Atletico paying up.

Also is it 3 clubs per season the limit? 

ok, just means the deal would have to be done early so he is off our books before the season starts

4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

ok, just means the deal would have to be done early so he is off our books before the season starts

As long as he doesn't play for us he has until the end of the window to find a temporary home until he can play for Atlético in January. 

Torres, Luis and now Costa.  What is the lure of Atletico? Can't just be the weather. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Torres, Luis and now Costa.  What is the lure of Atletico? Can't just be the weather. 

Seems like a caring club, respected manager and I think if you can't get into RM or Barca but want to be in Spain its the next best thing. I dont follow the duopoly of la liga that closely but if I did AM or Seville would be my teams of choice.

On 6/9/2017 at 8:16 AM, zaffo said:

The thing with Costa is that he's made it quite clear who he wants to join.

Yep. Over and over again. In fact, pretty much ever since he signed with Chelsea! 

On 6/9/2017 at 8:16 AM, zaffo said:

so he needs to be careful because he could well end up remaining here and being exiled from the first team until January.

Distinct possibility. And if that did happen, it would serve him right .