• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Chelsea Sign Diego Costa

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The only thing we do know , because Costa has spoken of it many times , is that the first conversation he ever had with Conte he demanded a transfer to AM . The first.

I think we can safely take Conte's side in this argument.

September 2016 - Costa talking to Spanish TV
"I wished I could go back to Atletico, I'm not going to lie," he explained. "Everyone knows what happened to me there [England], with the language, the weather and everything. But I can't complain because I'm a boy whom the fans love, at Chelsea they respect me.

"I had the chance to go back but I couldn't, because of a few details. I'm grateful to the people at Atletico, to Cholo [Simeone] especially, who has always put his confidence in me.

"Now I am at Chelsea, I'm doing well, the league has started and I'm focused on that. Things are how they are. I hope that Atletico do very well, like last season but this time win titles. I want the best for them, I always feel for them, but I have to do my work at Chelsea."

Doesn't sound like too much of an issue by September.

28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Doesn't sound like too much of an issue by September.

it wasn't was it ?  We can put that down to Conte getting Costa to commit for one last campaign , this is a new campaign , hence the strop. Conte is blameless.

Edited by Mark Kelly

GURJ SS   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

it wasn't was it ?  We can put that down to Conte getting Costa to commit for one last campaign , this is a new campaign , hence the strop. Conte is blameless.

I agree, I think Conte is doing what needs to be done; if that means making an example out of Costa then so be it, there's no place for player power in a Conte team.

8 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I agree, I think Conte is doing what needs to be done; if that means making an example out of Costa then so be it, there's no place for player power in a Conte team.

At least we are getting people to talk about it now.

Like so many admirable characteristics, an insistence that the boss is the boss is good up to a point.  But to assert  the blame lies solely on Costa seems judgemental to me without more evidence.

Some rumours have it that Costa may come back.  It is going to be interesting at least.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some rumours have it that Costa may come back.  It is going to be interesting at least.

Not really he will train with the reserves. 

Some may get lucky and see him turn out for U23 at aldershot. 

GURJ SS   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

At least we are getting people to talk about it now.

Like so many admirable characteristics, an insistence that the boss is the boss is good up to a point.  But to assert  the blame lies solely on Costa seems judgemental to me without more evidence.

That's all we have to go off, as fans we have to judge a player whenever we see them and the way they act. Costa is a 20 something year old that has still not matured, there's not really anything wrong with that; although it will mean he won't know how to be professional and accept he is also working rather than just playing football where he wants, I think in the long run we will be better off without his character around the dressing room. 

Subject to a medical. Hmmm, that'll be interesting!

Scored some great goals. Scored some important goals. However, I'm glad he's going. What a player he could have been had he been bothered to turn up for a whole season, year after year, but it wasn't to be.

paulw66   

2nd best centre forward I have seen. On his day an absolute beast. A great combo of power and class. Built for the PL.

Thanks for the memories