• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Diego Costa Departs.

xCELERYx   

As I mentioned before, the biggest issue with Costa right now is going to be his contract situation. If both parties can't agree to new terms soon, then we're going to be left with little choice but to sell him or risk losing him on a free when he's still only 30. Not really the sort of player you want to risk having his contract run right down to the final 12 months.

Been seeing this opinion on twitter a lot lately that Costa tails off in the 2nd half of the season.

From January in League only

13/14 played 21 scored 8 

14/15 played 9 scored 7

15/16 played 13 scored 7 

Not really seeing the tailing off myself. Pretty sure he was injured for most of the 2nd half of the 13/14 season culminating in him coming off 8 mins into CL final. 

xCELERYx   

He hasn't talked off yet, however some of his momentum has been lost since he missed a few games and the extend break that we had on top. A few players looked a little rusty on the weekend, Costa being one. His touch, passing and decision making were all well below par. Hopefully getting back into a run of games will sharpen him up once more and he'll finish the season strongly, be it with goals or plays to assist in goals.

Costa is doing great right now - no idea where the claims of him being off form come from.

A week ago against Arsenal he got 2 assists and chased down Cech for him to make the mistake that gave Fabregas his goal.  He got criticism on here after that!

(No idea why ESPN haven't credited him with the assists though )

17 hours ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Contract talks ongoing. 

Yes, lots of chatter. Very encouraging and could be a huge boost for the rest of the season and going forward. 

Hopefully we hear something official soon. 

19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Costa is doing great right now - no idea where the claims of him being off form come from.

A week ago against Arsenal he got 2 assists and chased down Cech for him to make the mistake that gave Fabregas his goal.  He got criticism on here after that!

Yep, I think he has been absolutely outstanding , apart from the Burnley game, recently. 

His link up play has been top, top quality. He is heavily evolved in the build up to pretty much every attacking move. His awareness, touch, ability to hold up the ball and wait for others to join in has been superb, world class even. Some of his passing has been outrageous and his understanding with Pedro and Hazard is amazing. 

He knows exactly when to hold the ball up , when to run with it or when to move it on quickly and look for the return. 

His goals have slowed up a bit but he has always been a player who scores a lot of his goals in short bursts of games. 

paulw66   
On 2/15/2017 at 0:08 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Whilst I don't disagree, the assist for Hazard's goal shows why sometimes statistics are misleading. He won a header on the halfway line.

Sir   

Will certainly be interesting if he signs a new contract with us. Would be utterly fantastic as well.

Ham   

Here are some comparison stats.

Here's a picture of Diego and his brother.

Call me a tin foil hatter but.......... Could they? Did they?

Infographic-Diego-Costa-China-compressor.jpg

3774D15200000578-3751436-Jair_Costa_right_posed_this_picture_revealing_his_striking_resem-a-1_1471776615353.jpg