• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Diego Costa Departs.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

You're the guy who claimed he was 100% certain to be in China or AM by now.  

Did I? 100% certain?  Are you sure? Is that a quote?

what do you find funny?

You, and your conceit that Costa was playing 'flat out' during the second half of the season, when it was  blindingly clear that the opposite was true.  Still laughing ..........

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Did I? 100% certain?  Are you sure? Is that a quote?

Quite sure.

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

You, and your conceit that Costa was playing 'flat out' during the second half of the season, when it was  blindingly clear that the opposite was true.  Still laughing ..........

You decided the stories were about Costa wanting to get away, then decided that Costa would play badly in order to get away, then stopped watching.  
Now we know it is Conte who wants rid, it is time to think again - try it.

39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite sure.

You decided the stories were about Costa wanting to get away, then decided that Costa would play badly in order to get away, then stopped watching.  
Now we know it is Conte who wants rid, it is time to think again - try it.

Droy , you are doing it again . In your opinion Costa was playing great all last season. IIRC nearly everyone else ( at least on this forum ) felt his performances dropped considerably after January.

Your opinion is not fact , it is your opinion.

You're on your own on this one (again)

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Droy , you are doing it again . In your opinion Costa was playing great all last season. IIRC nearly everyone else ( at least on this forum ) felt his performances dropped considerably after January.

Your opinion is not fact , it is your opinion.

You're on your own on this one (again)

Hardly the first time, is it?  

So what you are saying is that you are perfectly happy to argue that Conte wanted Costa out, that he had Bats scoring 5 goals in about 200 odd minutes of PL play and raring to go, that Conte is the big tough manager everyone claims he is, that Costa was playing crap after January but Conte  dropped him just the once and that after the title was won.

If you can hold all those thoughts in your mind at once, good luck to you - but I'd keep it quiet if I were you. 

59 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite sure.

So, show me the quote(s). 

59 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You decided the stories were about Costa wanting to get away,

Yes, which they mostly were at that time. 

then decided that Costa would play badly in order to get away,

No. I said that he WAS playing badly, and that his goal scoring had descended into the abysmal. And that's a fact, not a prediction. Simply check his goal-to-game ratio  pre-Christmas, and then compare it to his goal-to-game ratio post Christmas. I know that you'll twist the stats, as you have done before, but then just about everyone here saw through that.

then stopped watching.  

<sigh> wrong again. And unlike you, I watch with both eyes wide open, and without an agenda. You should try it. 

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hardly the first time, is it?  

So what you are saying is that you are perfectly happy to argue that Conte wanted Costa out, that he had Bats scoring 5 goals in about 200 odd minutes of PL play and raring to go, that Conte is the big tough manager everyone claims he is, that Costa was playing crap after January but Conte  dropped him just the once and that after the title was won.

If you can hold all those thoughts in your mind at once, good luck to you - but I'd keep it quiet if I were you. 

No.

That's what you're saying .

I'm saying (again) that Conte handled the deal perfectly , Costa wanted to leave , Conte said OK but give me til the end of the season , Costa then played poorly for a few months whilst he was sulking before picking it up towards the end of the year when he smelled a move on the horizon .

Conte handled it perfectly , unwilling to trust Bats fully with Spurs "putting the pressure on" he got us over the line , presumably by force of his personality / experience with big name players.

Quite why you feel the need to throw a tantrum about it I don't know.

It's times like these I wish it wasn't just me , Bob and Mike who aren't blocking you.

Sea foot   

I'm not blocking Droy, just can't be arsed.

Well at least we know now why those with the biggest opinions about Costa don't want to discuss the change of "facts as we know them" on Costa.  They just want to attack Droy because it is easier than reconsidering their opinions.  Keynes (if he actually said it) might be changing his mind on some of you.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm saying (again) that Conte handled the deal perfectly , Costa wanted to leave , Conte said OK but give me til the end of the season , Costa then played poorly for a few months whilst he was sulking

You still don't explain why Conte didn't drop him though.  Or how we kept on winning.  I know you don't want to challenge your own pre-conceptions though.

"before picking it up towards the end of the year when he smelled a move on the horizon ."

Well at least that is an advance of the Costa is gone conviction of January/February.  

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's times like these I wish it wasn't just me , Bob and Mike who aren't blocking you.

Or times like this that you get the opportunity to discover that Costa playing badly was just groupthink by a tiny noisy minority, that few others bought into.  

Edited by Droy was my hero

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You still don't explain why Conte didn't drop him though.  Or how we kept on winning.  I know you don't want to challenge your own pre-conceptions though.

"before picking it up towards the end of the year when he smelled a move on the horizon ."

Well at least that is an advance of the Costa is gone conviction of January/February.  

Or times like this that you get the opportunity to discover that Costa playing badly was just groupthink by a tiny noisy minority, that few others bought into.  

Shall we have another go then?

I think Conte didn&#39;t drop him because he didn't think Michy was good enough.

Chances are he still doesn't think Michy is good enough although many here like him hence Morata.

It's football , not the X files.

Group think ?

You really are an idiot.

Sea foot   

He didn't play badly Droy but his form dropped considerably. I still think he tried hard but when your mind is only 80% focused then you lose that small edge that makes a good player great. He lost that edge IMO  but still worked hard enough to lead the line. You saying that his form did not drop does not seem true to me and smacks of either an agenda driven view or just you being devils advocate and if it's the latter it's getting boring and if it's the former then just have a word.