• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Diego Costa Departs.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Conte didn't drop him because he didn't think Michy was good enough.

Isn't that the same as saying Costa was playing well enough?  

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Isn't that the same as saying Costa was playing well enough?  

No , its the same as Costa is all I have.

2 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

He didn't play badly Droy but his form dropped considerably. I still think he tried hard but when your mind is only 80% focused then you lose that small edge that makes a good player great. He lost that edge IMO  but still worked hard enough to lead the line. and smacks of either an agenda driven view or just you being devils advocate and if it's the latter it's getting boring and if it's the former then just have a word.

Pretty much what I have said.

"You saying that his form did not drop does not seem true to me"
Probably because that was not what I said, I said he played flat out, and MT claimed that was "comedy gold".

We seem to agree.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite sure.

You decided the stories were about Costa wanting to get away, then decided that Costa would play badly in order to get away, then stopped watching.  
Now we know it is Conte who wants rid, it is time to think again - try it.

So we have a player who keeps saying he wants to leave, a manager who finally says to him, 'OK, if you want to leave, leave; you won't be in my plans next season" and it's the manager who wants to get rid? You need to go further back in time, Droy, to see where the root of this is, and it's certainly not Conte, given Costa wanted to leave when Mourinho was here. Still, you and facts aren't exactly best buddies, are you?

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

So we have a player who keeps saying he wants to leave, a manager who finally says to him, 'OK, if you want to leave, leave; you won't be in my plans next season" and it's the manager who wants to get rid? You need to go further back in time, Droy, to see where the root of this is, and it's certainly not Conte, given Costa wanted to leave when Mourinho was here. Still, you and facts aren't exactly best buddies, are you?

"If I have to leave I would only consider AM" I think he said.  

He hasn't left yet, has he.  

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

"If I have to leave I would only consider AM" I think he said.  

He hasn't left yet, has he.  

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that AM can't register any new players at the moment in order to make yourself seem right? Costa has been wanting to return to AM almost since he first arrived at Chelsea. By the way... how many transfer windows has Matic 'survived' since you pronounced he'd be sold in the next window, so poor a player was he? He hasn't left yet, has he!!!

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that AM can't register any new players at the moment in order to make yourself seem right? Costa has been wanting to return to AM almost since he first arrived at Chelsea. By the way... how many transfer windows has Matic 'survived' since you pronounced he'd be sold in the next window, so poor a player was he? He hasn't left yet, has he!!!

As I said - no one wants to discuss Costa here because it involves a reassessment - they'd much rather discuss Droy.  Funny that.

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As I said - no one wants to discuss Costa here because it involves a reassessment - they'd much rather discuss Droy.  Funny that.

Pretending it's all about you. What an ego!!! Try not to ignore this bit; "Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that AM can't register any new players at the moment in order to make yourself seem right? Costa has been wanting to return to AM almost since he first arrived at Chelsea. "

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Pretending it's all about you. What an ego!!! Try not to ignore this bit; "Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that AM can't register any new players at the moment in order to make yourself seem right? Costa has been wanting to return to AM almost since he first arrived at Chelsea. "

What has that got to do with how he played in February - who is ignoring what?
Do you have a point to make?  Other than about me and my ego?

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

No one knows you're discussing Costa because 90% of the regular posters have you on ignore .