• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Diego Costa Departs.

Think it's a shame how he's blotted his copybook with us but a great player on his day despite never getting a fair crack of the whip with the media determined to paint him into a corner.

Could have been a legend but didn't want to be.

Thanks for the goals Diego , lets all put this behind us. 

Sea foot   

They say that there is but a fine line between genius and madness. You walk the tightrope my friend, dipping a toe in this side then t'other. Loved you while you were one of us, just glad to draw a line under this sad situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

2nd best centre forward I have seen. On his day an absolute beast. A great combo of power and class. Built for the PL.

Thanks for the memories 

At Chelsea? 

Zola, Crespo, Drogba and Jimmy Floyd would rank above him in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

At Chelsea? 

Zola, Crespo, Drogba and Jimmy Floyd would rank above him in my opinion. 

I don't recall Zola playing CF much.  Or scoring that much either.  

JFH was a great player in his Chelsea team, Costa was a great player in our team - different level.
Crespo?  25 goals in 2 seasons or Costa's 52 in 3?  no contest really, especially since Costa is more than just scoring.

Ossie perhaps, but not everyone will have seen him.  

Ham   
24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't recall Zola playing CF much.  Or scoring that much either.  

JFH was a great player in his Chelsea team, Costa was a great player in our team - different level.
Crespo?  25 goals in 2 seasons or Costa's 52 in 3?  no contest really, especially since Costa is more than just scoring.

Ossie perhaps, but not everyone will have seen him.  

You're doing him a disservice. Costa's record 52 goals in one and a half seasons.

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

You're doing him a disservice. Costa's record 52 goals in one and a half seasons.

Keep repeating it, someone might believe it.

Ham   
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Keep repeating it, someone might believe it.

Your Modus Operandi in a nutshell.

xCELERYx   

Pleased to see him go.

When he was on song, he was excellent. When he wasn't, he was more often than not a hindrance. Could have been so much more had he been able to maintain a hint of consistency over a full season or produced more than the 2 goals in his 12(4) appearances in Europe. Also would have helped had he not constantly pined for a move away each season. 

That said, scored some important goals and was a contributing factor in our success while here, so he'll have that. 

The club got the transfer fee it wanted out of Atletico, which is excellent business and they should be congratulated for holding out under pressure from AM and Costa. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, Diego. 

Hate seeing him go. Great player. Almost as good as Drogba IMO. Obviously the team has lost a lot of the fight that made us so successful last year having lost Diego and I can't say that I think Morata is near being in the same class yet... That being said, the fee that we supposedly got is great. Still, doesnt change the fact that this whole thing was pretty poorly dealt with by all parties involved.