• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenedin

Chelsea Tv in HD?

Kenedin   

Does anyone know if Chelsea Tv have plans for a HD service on Sky? I believe MUTV are launching in HD this month.

Anyone got Chelsea TV working via the website yet.

It appears you have to register again ?

Hope it's up and running tonight for the Wycombe game as I wanna view it on my tablet :)

I have asked Chelsea TV, Gigi Salmon and Lee Paker on twitter a few times regarding this to which I never get a response (Seems they would rather RT an American going to their first game, or some celebrity fan, rather than a frequent CFCTV subsciber) I really hope they do go HD as I found myeslf watching the U21 vs Man City this week on Sky Sports 5HD rather than our own channel as the picture was so much better quality.

Whilst on the subject of Chelsea TV I am really bored of the same boring shows week after week with the same boring guests, with all due respect but Morris, Sinclair, Duberry are boring, Stuart is unfunny, plus I miss Neil Barnett presenting the phone in shows, I find Gigi Salmon clueless and patronising if somebody has something concerning or negative to say.

Agree about the content being stale especially Gigi, nice enough lady but tows the party line toooo much! Pat nevin is the only one worth his salt so look forward to his analysis.

I think the cost of HD channel is a bit much and would expected them to roll out by now for this season.

Encouraging that online seems to be HD so at least we know the content is, as and when they sort out the monry side with sky tv.

Sciatika   

I like Gigi, Ben and Lee. Yes, they can be one-sided and tow the line, but they are expected to take a CFC point of view. Spy is OK when doing interviews such as the legends-type format or that special about the diamonds or the one with Clark, Webb and Cech(?) at Xmas. I like him less doing the OBs. Jason can be a bit annoying but he was like that when he played. I always enjoy the legends series and the specials are OK. Quite a good one about the groundsman or that one they did a few years back following SFL for a day. FNL is pretty much what you expect. I prefer that when they have guests. Enjoy the insight of Nevin doing analysis and Walker on match analysis. Enjoy the live youth and U21 games but do not bother with the academy program or the kids stuff.

I think they have changed it from last year. Then you got CFCTV thrown in with the International membership. They changed the memberships and I think you now have to do a monthly subscription.

Sir   

Yeah I agree, Chelsea TV is very stale now, needs a real overhaul in my opinion. HD, a good start. Surprised it isn't in HD now to be honest, though.

Ham   

Spare a thought for those with Virgin Media. My only option is the online membership which lags massively on my laptop. Only works properly on my phone but even then it's dependent on my wifi signal......

Sciatika   

Actually, now I am getting used to it, I think the web version may be an improvement (except the cost). Essentially, the web version is now an on-demand service with odd live bits where it makes sense (such as commentaries, extra time, etc.). The games are available both as highlights and as the complete game in two halves. Specials and other shows are on demand as well. I dont mind so much about HD as I watch streaming from a PC. Its usually quick enough with my Virgin cable broadband, though I do sometimes get dropouts. I need to find out sometime whether that is the servers, the Virgin infrastructure, my home networks or some wet string in the internet.

On one of the blues news updates they were talking about the upcoming friendly in sydney and the presenter mentioned "youll be able to watch it here on ctv in full HD".

Pretty clear they will roll it out this summer then. Good stuff.