• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Wycombe Wanders 0 Chelsea 5

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our first pre-season friendly of the 2014/2015 season, against Wycombe Wanderers at Adams park, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 GMT, Wednesday, 16th July, 2014.

Zoowraa   

Looking forward to seeing the boys back in action. From the first team squad, I guess it will only be the likes of JT , Salah, Ba potentially featuring at this stage.

Would love to see Chalobah and MVG have a strong pre season and play themselves into the first team squad for the season

Will any first teamers be on show? I suspect not but haven't followed anything said in the few days of pre-season training.

Demba Ba, Cech, JT, Ivanovic, Matic, and Salah I think are the only first team players from last season that are there right now. But I'm sure Zouma, Van Ginkel, Piazon, Chalobah and maybe even Marin and Romeu could feature. Also I haven't seen these players in training but at left back PVA, and Bertarnd are our only options right now.

The full training squad this past week has been: Terry, Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Matic, Salah, Ba, van Ginkel, Ake, Romeu, Pasalic, Zouma, Chalobah, Bamford, Kane, Piazon, Baker, Swift, Solanke, Brown, Dasilva, and Cech.

The full training squad this past week has been: Terry, Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Matic, Salah, Ba, van Ginkel, Ake, Romeu, Pasalic, Zouma, Chalobah, Bamford, Kane, Piazon, Baker, Swift, Solanke, Brown, Dasilva, and Cech.

That's very attentive! I think there have been a few more 'keepers too - Delac, Blackman and Beeney.

Presumably quite a few players working on moves or injured - Marin, Kakuta, McEachran, Bertrand, PvA, Davila, Saville, Kane, Perica, T.Musonda and Clifford haven't been with the U21s but you'd have expected them to be back at Cobham.

I only listed the players that were listed on TOCWS - according to them, that was the senior training squad last week (which included Kane, btw, but no other keepers, or either of the fullbacks). Others may have joined in since, obviously. Omeruo wasn't listed, but he is shown as part of the U21's.

^ I know several first team players are in training- I just wonder if they'll play. This fixture had been billed as Chelsea XI and if previous seasons are anything to go by, it'll be the kids and the kids alone who play.