• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Turkey Charity Tournament - Chelsea Vs Fenerbahce/Besiktas

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our games against Fenerbahce and Besiktas at Sukru Saracoglu Stadium, before, during and after the games.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The tournament will be played on Friday, 8th August, 2014. The match details and times are listed below..

Chelsea will play two 45-minute matches as we line up against hosts Fenerbahce and their Istanbul neighbours Besiktas at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.

All proceeds from the mini-tournament will go towards helping the victims and families of those who suffered when an explosion at a mine in Soma on 13 May killed 301 people, the worst disaster of its kind Turkey has suffered.

The tournament, organised by IMG-Dogus AS, will run in a mini-league format, with one point awarded for a draw and three for a win. The team with the highest number of points after all matches have been played will be crowned winners of the competition.

The kick-off times for the matches are as follows:

8.30pm: Fenerbahce v Besiktas
9.30pm: Chelsea v Fenerbahce
10.30pm: Chelsea v Besiktas

crux   

I just want to see some semblance of improvement here and more minutes to the players who need match fitness.

Tsaras   

Note that the time mentioned above by Michael is local (Turkey) time.

Chelsea's games are at 7:30 and 8:30 BST

I'm sure the UK press will be all over this seeing as its Chelsea doing their bit in aid of a good cause.

Not.

Zoowraa   

I think this could be an ideal type of match. Possibly two teams in each game (barring the odd couple of players who may play 60-70mins in total) gives some of the players the opportunity to play with high intensity for a 45 minute game.

After 3-4 days light training it should also be an opportunity to reintegrate the Brazilians, Schurrle and Moses back into things.

cii99mn1   

I'm sure the UK press will be all over this seeing as its Chelsea doing their bit in aid of a good cause.

Not.

We are setting an example. Just imagine how many charity games Man U will be able to play this season, I'm sure they will warm to the idea. Or maybe not.