• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Mcgoochan

BT BROADBAND

As you may know, BT are offering their sports channels free with BT Broadband, but before I change, is it any good?

Any advise would be very helpful.

Not quite on topic, but when I moved out from a BT broadband flat I was charged 30 quid for closing down the broad band. Something that still grates a year later. I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned when I took on the package (though I guess other providers have something similar). Ofcom won't get involved because it was in the terms and conditions (though not actually mentioned until about page 30 odd, which is very much in the small print).

The other issue with BT broadcom is the 40GB limit per month which is simply not enough. You have to pay to have a bigger limit while most operators have no max limit.

You have to put up with Michael Owen as a co-commentator :-(

I get it free as part of my Virgin TV package (along with the Sky Sports ones). It's OK, but if I didn't already get it, I wouldn't move to BT Broadband in order to watch it as BT Broadband is (from friends who have it) pretty awful in terms of limits, costs etc

I personally would stay away from BT Broadband, well BT altogether really, when I was with them every bill was a different price although we never actually used the home phone, there were always charges involved in the bill, no matter how many times I disputed this they always carried on regardless.

And as has been mentioned the limit on the internet is not a good thing.

I now use Sky for my TV, Phone and Broadband, have had no problems at all and BT Sport is only an extra £12.99 a month.