Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jedini

Forecast The Result 2014/2015

26 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Pre-season is almost done, and a week from tomorrow we kickoff at Turf Moor in our quest for another Premiership title, and to celebrate the beginning of new Forecast The Result 2014/15 season.

As always, we will be employing the Scapin Scoring Method:

Correct score = 3 points
Correct result (win/lose/draw) = 1 point
Each correct scorer if the correct score is predicted = 1 point

So, if you predict the correct match scoreline, you get three points. If you worked out the right result (who would win, or if it would be a draw) but got the exact scoreline wrong, you get one point. The final piece of the jigsaw is this : if and only if you get the correct scoreline, you also get a bonus point for each correct scorer you predicted from either side. This will sort out the men from the boys and the women from the girls, whilst keeping the primary emphasis on the importance of predicting exactly the right scoreline.

Have fun, and good luck to all participating!!!

BURNLEY v CHELSEA 1:3

Scorers: Costa, Schürrle, Ivanovic

What a nice start to this season's Forecast The Result! :)

Twenty six members opening the season, and right from the off we have three correct scores - Harvz, Zoowraa and bromleyblue, of which the first two with additional two bonus points!

We have Premiership formed already, and it goes as deep as six places into Championship!

KEEP IT UP! :)

lfTRkgH.png

RNkSQzh.png

Haha. Thank you, Mr. Defending Champion!!! :))

Happy to do it! :)

Excuse my stupidity Jedini but shouldn't the top three all have one more point each?

Correct score = 3 pts.

Correct result= 1 pts.

Plus their respective bonus points. If the correct score part is including one point for the correct result then perhaps it would be easier to remove the "1" in the column for correct result? Down the line it'll be quite hard to check ones score otherwise...

Or maybe I'm overthinking this?

Oh - and it looks like Stan will have some competition on his own in the "competitions department":)

Nice work!

Excuse my stupidity Jedini but shouldn't the top three all have one more point each?

Correct score = 3 pts.

Correct result= 1 pts.

Plus their respective bonus points. If the correct score part is including one point for the correct result then perhaps it would be easier to remove the "1" in the column for correct result? Down the line it'll be quite hard to check ones score otherwise...

Or maybe I'm overthinking this?

Dave,

good catch! I shouldn't have added points to that column for those who predicted 'Correct score', although 'Correct result' technically applies to their predictions too. I realized that soon after I posted it, but being one of those who hate that edit button, I thought it wouldn't be a big deal to update it after Leicester (secretly hoping that nobody would notice :D ).

Oh - and it looks like Stan will have some competition on his own in the "competitions department":)

Nice work!

Nothing comes close to the complexity of RJMC, and I'm happy Stan and myself came to the idea to sort of unify these two, and make it more interesting as, if I may say, complete competition experience. And the response is instant, which makes us both very happy and willing to do it week in and week out.

Thanks again, Dave! :)

CHELSEA v LEICESTER CITY 2:0

Scorers: Costa, Hazard

This match was never going to stay 0:0, although we were off to a slow start in the first half. Fortunately it begun clicking in the second half, but that wasn't enough for those who predicted four or five goal margin.

Twenty six members opened this FTR season, but the number of entries against Leicester went down to twenty one. Hopefully everyone is still warming up.

However, there were quite a few nice hits, and most of them would've been perfect had they included Eden on their list. Correct predictors this time were aussieblue53, Mataku, The Fab 4 (previously known as King José) and Bridgejunky, of which The Fab 4 was the only one collecting his bonus point with Hazard, while the other three went Diego Costa way.

Welcome PALMERSTON and Blue Tone!!!

Here is the table with corrected numbers (thanks again, Dave).

eDJKDAv.png

OPW2IQn.png

Everton thread is up! You can follow the link in my signature :)

Bonus points only apply if the correct score is predicted right? Just checking how this works (glory hunter that I am).

Exactly, Harvz :)