• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 3

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our first Premier League match of the 2014/2015 season, against Burnley at Turf Moor, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Monday, 18th August, 2014.

Nice to be back, just a shame we have to wait until Monday night!

I can't see anything other than a Chelsea victory from this match, start as we mean to go on.

We will get the answer to the big question on Monday, who is Jose's no.1 for this season - I wonder if the players know yet? Personally my money is on Cech starting the season as no.1 and Courtois ending the season as no.1.

jones   

Ahhhhh, PL football!!!

Cech or Courtios? I have no idea. Some players are certain to start, while it is difficult to know who of the Brazilians and Schurrle that will be physically ready. My guess:

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Azpi

Fabregas Matic

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Costa

Bench: Courtois, Luis, van Ginkel, Salah, Willian, Mikel, Drogba (Torres if not fit)

My team prediction is

Cech

Ivan Cahill JT Azpi

Ramires Matic

Willian Fabregas Hazard

Costa

Subs: Courtois, Luis, Zouma, van Ginkel, Oscar, Schurrle, Torres (unless Drogba is fit)

0-3 to Chelsea
Costa, Hazard (x2)

I'm guessing:

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Luis

Ramires Matic Fabregas

Schurrle Hazard

Costa

I doubt Mourinho will use the AVB-strategy of easing in the goalkeeper. He won't fuss about and just start Courtois.

Holymoly   

While it will be nice to be in the spotlight on Monday Night Football the weekend will be a frustrating wait. Personally I will be interested to see who Jose puts out as I feel we need to put down a marker against probably the whipping boys of the league. A game like the first half hour against Hull last year would do nicely. Three wins in the games prior to the international break is a must...