• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Jose's Mind Challenge 2014 - 2015

Welcome to the second season of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge.

The idea is simple, game by game I'll post a Read Jose's Mind thread. All you have to do is reply with the eleven names you think Jose will select to start the game. Deadlines for posting predicted teams will be two hours before kick-off and will be specifically stated in each thread.

Posters may make a maximum of two predictions for each fixture so anyone who changes their mind after posting an initial prediction can go back and change it as long as they do that before the deadline passes. In the exceptional situation where a member has suffered a typo and posted too few, or two many, names in a prediction I may accept a third post allowing posters to correct the error.

In all circumstances, Only the latest, pre-deadline, entry will be counted. Where an entry has been edited then time edited will be used instead of time posted.

Because Jose is more likely to rotate the team in certain competitions it will probably be harder to predict his selections in some games than it will be in others. I am therefore going to reflect this by awarding differing numbers of points for successful predictions in different competitions: -

Premier League & Champions' League

• 2 points for each player correctly predicted to start an individual game
  • 2 bonus points for correctly predicting all eleven starters in an individual game
  • 7 bonus points for successfully predicting more of Jose's selections than anyone else does in an individual game. Where more than one person matches the highest number of correct predictions, 6 points will be shared equally by all members matching the top score and 1 additional bonus point will go to the first person to post a matching entry.

FA Cup or Europa League Games (If any)

• 3 points for each player correctly predicted to start an individual game
  • 3 bonus points for correctly predicting all eleven starters in an individual game
  • 7 bonus points for successfully predicting more of Jose's selections than anyone else does in an individual game. Where more than one person matches the highest number of correct predictions, 6 points will be shared equally by all members matching the top score and 1 additional bonus point will go to the first person to post a matching entry.

Capital One Cup Games

• 4 points for each player correctly predicted to start an individual game
  • 4 bonus points for correctly predicting all eleven starters in an individual game

Please note: If, between the time the official team is released to the media and kick-off, an injury forces a change to the line-up then it is the original selection will be used to judge whether predictions are accurate or not. This means that the injured player will count as a correct prediction and the player who replaces him will not.

At the end of each game I'll post the results of predictions for that game as well as a season-to-date table.

During the season there will be two separate, head-to-head competitions. I'll explain how they work when they are launched.

Good luck to all who take part.

Great stuff as usual Stan.

Let the games begin!

Fingers crossed!

Some tough competition in here :)

Has anyone seen a new thread for the Everton game? Usually Stan will put it up a day or two after the previous game but this time I haven't seen anything...

Haven't sen Stan on here since last Saturday either. Hope he is ok...

Has anyone seen a new thread for the Everton game? Usually Stan will put it up a day or two after the previous game but this time I haven't seen anything...

Hear, hear.

Yeah was wondering this too, hopefully he's just had a busy week.

Perhaps one of the mods could open a new thread?

Hope you're well Stan...

Place ain't the same without you