• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Jose's Mind Challenge (Burnley 18/08/2014)

Jedini   

The predictions deadline for match one of the challenge has now passed so no more new, or amended, entries can be accepted. Sorry.

How?!?

How?!?

The deadline is always two hours before kick-off which is at 8:00pm BST today. The deadline for this game therefore passed at 6:00pm BST.

That said, there is clearly some confusion created by all the discussion around moving the deadline forward or backward and, as far as I know, no definitive team news had emerged by the time the post in question was added. On that basis, and for this game only, I'll accept the late entry unless I learn that anyone else had wanted to post an entry but did not do so because they read my no more entries message.

If that situation did happen then I cannot make an exception because, in effect, this would amount to applying the rule to one entry but waiving for another and that would obviously be unfair. Did anyone visit the thread wanting to post an entry but didn't bother because they saw that the deadline had expired?

Damn! That changed line-up cost me dearly...

Tell me about it....

Thought Jose would leave one of either Oscar and Willian out and include Salah who looked dangerous at times pre-season...

Picked the wrong Brazilian and no Salah....D'oh!

Tell me about it....

Thought Jose would leave one of either Oscar and Willian out and include Salah who looked dangerous at times pre-season...

Picked the wrong Brazilian and no Salah....D'oh!

Yeah went from 10/11 to 8/11.

But this spells trouble for Salah and Van Ginkel I reckon. It just shows they are not really part of the squad and hence not really trusted. If they can't start this when the three attacking mids have had extremely short pre-seasons what are they doing in the squad to begin with?

Our small squad just got a lot smaller.

Zoowraa   

Yeah went from 10/11 to 8/11.

But this spells trouble for Salah and Van Ginkel I reckon. It just shows they are not really part of the squad and hence not really trusted. If they can't start this when the three attacking mids have had extremely short pre-seasons what are they doing in the squad to begin with?

Our small squad just got a lot smaller.

I get where your coming from,but I think you are reading too much into the likes of MVG and Salah not starting this game.

It's the first game and away from home in what will be a difficult atmosphere, due to the scenario this is arguably their most pumped game of the season. Knowing how Jose works , it was a no brainer that his main trusted players would start this game. The only questions were the keeper and either Willian or Schurrle, the others picked themselves for this game.

MVG and Salah will get games, regardless of fitness though, this isn't the ideal game for them. It's horses for courses.

I get where your coming from,but I think you are reading too much into the likes of MVG and Salah not starting this game.

It's the first game and away from home in what will be a difficult atmosphere, due to the scenario this is arguably their most pumped game of the season. Knowing how Jose works , it was a no brainer that his main trusted players would start this game. The only questions were the keeper and either Willian or Schurrle, the others picked themselves for this game.

MVG and Salah will get games, regardless of fitness though, this isn't the ideal game for them. It's horses for courses.

Perhaps. Time will tell.

Results Table for Match 1 (Burnley on Monday 18th August)

Pos   Name               Hits   11/11  Top  Pts.__________________________________________________1st   Sciatika*           11      2     1.55 25.55  2nd=  A Blue Essien*      11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  Blue_Fever*         11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  bluecueball*        11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  Bob Singleton*      11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  Bristol Blue*       11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  Guillaume*          11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  kumbaya*            11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  Mark Kelly*         11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  middxguy*           11      2     0.55 24.55  2nd=  SZB LOVES CHELSEA*  11      2     0.55 24.55  12th= aussieblue53        10                 20.00  12th= Box of Tricks       10                 20.00  12th= drogba190512        10                 20.00  12th= Inferno             10                 20.00  12th= Johnny Bee          10                 20.00  12th= JonezzeeGamingCFC   10                 20.00  12th= NorwayBlue          10                 20.00  12th= Sea foot            10                 20.00  12th= WHYSOSLOWYEH        10                 20.00  12th= Zoowraa             10                 20.00  22nd= 3Sphinx              9                 18.00  22nd= bromleyblue          9                 18.00  22nd= cdb123               9                 18.00  22nd= eezusjezus           9                 18.00  22nd= Gaurav_blue          9                 18.00  22nd= Jedini               9                 18.00  22nd= King José            9                 18.00  22nd= Original 21          9                 18.00  22nd= samhoward17          9                 18.00  31st= Paul Mcgoochan       8                 16.00  31st= Richard Redmond      8                 16.00  31st= Scooba               8                 16.00  31st= Sleeping Dave        8                 16.00  31st= Vinod                8                 16.00  ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ Hits = correct predictions.11/11 = number of bonus points awarded for correctly predicting the entire team.Top = number of bonus points awarded for achieving the top score. *Sciatika earned an additional bonus point by posting the earliest of the 11entries tied with 11 hits.

Report on Predictions For Match One

Thank you very much to everyone who posted nice comments about the return of the RJMC. Much appreciated.

So, we’re off, and what a start at Turf Moor as well as in the mind reading department.

On the pitch there were a few moments, more than a few, when we seemed to have answers to the questions that have been bugging us for a while. Back here at RJMC central I pose only one question but I ask for eleven answers. “Eleven answers”, you say, “no problem.” Last time around we waited until game eight for the first 11/11 of the season. This time; wham, eleven 11/11’s on day one!

Congratulations to A Blue Essien, Blue_Fever, bluecueball, Bob Singleton, Bristol Blue, Guillaume, kumbaya, Mark Kelly, middxguy, SZB LOVES CHELSEA & especially Sciatika who all started the way they mean to go on. Sciatika was first in with the correct line up so he got the early bird bonus point. (Details of how the points system works can be read here.)

All in all it was a good start. The average number of successful predictions was 9.77 but one of those whose score was below the average was last season’s double champion Sleeping Dave. Dave was one of four people who changed their mind and updated their predictions. He shouldn’t have bothered; his original selection was worth two more hits than the update. That’s how it goes sometimes.

Did an era come to an end last night? For the first time in his Chelsea career, Petr Cech started the season on the bench. (The only other time he missed the season opener was through injury.) Despite all the leaks that Thibaut would get the nod, it was still a huge thing to take in. So huge that five members; Inferno, Paul Mcgoochan, Richard Redmond, Scooba & Vinod refused to believe it.

Many, and not just Petr’s faithful five, would argue that our number 1 deserves better but it’s done and we’re just left to ponder whether this is now permanent or not. Will the percentage of members predicting that Thibaut will start against Leicester, go up or down? We will see.

Of the eighteen different players named in the thirty-five entries, five were unanimous hits. A hit is shorthand for an accurate prediction of a player being selected to start and a unanimous hit is a player whose selection was accurately forecast by all members. Everyone included Costa, Fabregas , Hazard, Matic & Terry among their picks and everyone was right to.

There were no unanimous misses in this game but nineteen people did think that Filipe Luis would start. Given that we won, that Branna & Azpi played well, and that they contributed to the whole team looking good at times, will Luis get a game against Leicester? Fortunately for me I don’t need to try to figure out that answer. :)

Leicester Next.