Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R2FU99

Blatter Calls for Vid Challanges

7 posts in this topic

Blatter did say that challenges could only be made when there was a natural stoppage of some sort (ball going out of play, foul etc) so as to avoid the flow of the game being too disrupted. Certainly worth a trial of some sort. As a big rugby fan, I'd also like to see football refs miked up in the same way as they are in rugby... the only problem being that in football, players swear at/talk to refs in a way rugby players would never dare, so live games would need to be on a 10 second delay so as to insert all the beeps!

All they would need to add are some shoulder pads, helmets, latex pants, oxygen bottles on the sidelines, cheerleaders and Bud Light commercial breaks to make the circus complete.

Blatter should be put in jail for proposing these criminal changes alone . Stop the charade.

Blatter should be put in jail for proposing these criminal changes alone .

Given all the other shit he's gotten away with, that'd be a real Al Capone, to use the obvious Chicago reference ;)

I've watched a little rugby last season. The delays while decisions get made are tedious and the decisions still are debatable. And that is happening while a kicker is lining up his shot for 2 extra points.

Obviously the first consideration should be for refs to be able to call for camera evidence.

But the key issue is always amateur and youth football. Pro refs may not know it, but their most important job is to highlight what is safe and what is dangerous on the pitch. So that young players don't think that stamping on achilles like Suarez does can be acceptable. That means using cameras post-match to judge violent and dangerous incidents irrespective of whatever the ref thought at the time.

As far as I recall FIFA have been strongly against that in the past.

Wasn't Blatter against ANY sort of help to the refs only a few years ago?