• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Everton 3 Chelsea 6

Faramir   

... but it was one of those classic matches where it turned into an exchange of custard pies.

Hey great description of the game.

Watched the game again last night and made the following observations:

• Chels fans were in great form throughout the first half (I suppose a two-goal lead helped!), they were the only voices to be heard, and included the Demba Ba song coming over very loud and very clear ("slipped on his f*****g a**e")!
  • Nice shot of Eto'o warming up on the sidelines and giving warm greetings to Shirley, Salah and Drogs.
  • Eto'o's (!) header was NOT his first touch of the ball (contrary to what was said on MotD).
  • It was definitely Mikel with that wonderful back heel (some here thought it was Drogba, which is the more likely given how forward the player was).

chara   

Ok..getting a bit late for a comment but the Howard/Costa incident is really bugging me now...Costa picked up the ball and made a comment as he passed Coleman..didn't stop or have an "exchange"..probably something like "W****r" or a Brazilian/Spanish equivalent..certainly something that goes on in every game...then there is a very long relative pause before Howard rushes out at Costa..totally out of synch with an instinctive response..the more I watch it the more it seems clear that Howard is trying to get a response from Costa..and there was talk about "respect"..really sickens me...remember how much crap JT took at QPR and many other games..I just hope someone somewhere makes a note of all this and gives Costa some protection..small hope that it is...

Rant over

Clearly a game plan to get to Costa, which you're right, makes a mockery of Martinez's comments

I suspect it was a case of attack being the best form of defence. There was a good chance that JM would have a go at Coleman or Howard even if Martinez had said nothing. other than the rare genuine neutral, most will have treated it as a bit of tit for tat - though I was surprised that MOTD came out clearly on Costa's side for the taunting of the own goal, if not for the incidents where Coleman got him booked.