• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Everton 3 Chelsea 6

Don't agree with posters who believe Ramires should be starting this. Everton are not exactly a team who we need to press high and close down. We will likely see 60%(+) possession in this game as I'm sure they will be reasonably happy to sit back and try counter us, or at least that's probably the most likely way of beating us. For that reason a front 6 of Costa, Hazard, Oscar, schurrle/Willian, Fabregas and Matic is essential and will give us more than enough when on the ball to win this.

We got cut apart last game with that midfield. If Courtois hadn't made that save, the one on one situation, we would've got exactly what we deserved for being so open. We need someone to cover ground in that midfield. Sadly, Ramires is the only option we have like that.

Scooba   

We got cut apart last game with that midfield. If Courtois hadn't made that save, the one on one situation, we would've got exactly what we deserved for being so open. We need someone to cover ground in that midfield. Sadly, Ramires is the only option we have like that.

Ramires wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference in that situation. It had just been a corner and all our players were pushed up very high, 0-0 at home in the second half, this is something you would expect as we were trying to break them down. Obviously we won't be as high up the park at Goodison and having players in the middle who can control the tempo and use the ball effectively eases the pressure on defenders whilst still giving us an edge going forward. Matic and Fabregas have to start.

Ramires wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference in that situation. It had just been a corner and all our players were pushed up very high, 0-0 at home in the second half, this is something you would expect as we were trying to break them down. Obviously we won't be as high up the park at Goodison and having players in the middle who can control the tempo and use the ball effectively eases the pressure on defenders whilst still giving us an edge going forward. Matic and Fabregas have to start.

Most certainly a very good post this ^ - playing Ramires signals our intent before a ball has been kicked in my opinion. It's a wee bit negative.

When Ramires came on it was because we needed him - same as Willian.

We looked properly leggy - whether it was because of first home game nerves, the sun or they'd had a few beers at lunch I don't know.

I agree that, on the whole though, we want to start most games with Fabregas and Matic.

First big test of the season. Hard to call. If we get a point I think it'll be a point gained, but I'd love to see us dominate and win well as opposed to just holding on.

A win would, of course be wonderful.

But I'm going for 1-1 with Fabregas to get his first senior goal for London's top team. #evenhanded