• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Loic Remy Departs.

Zoowraa   

Welcome to the best club in the world Remy!

Had hoped for a more ambitious signing but there's good things to like with this signing. Cheap fee, relatively low wages and can cover more than one position.

This will probably spell bad news for Salah though as I can see Remy being ahead of him in the AM pecking order.

Anyone have an idea of his physical status right now? I know be started he first two QPR games but haven't seen any footage from either game. Is he well up to speed?

He had a couple of chances to score in their last home game,can't remember the opposition. He hit the target both times but the keeper saved. He didn't play in the league cup against Burton this week either, so that's an added bonus.

The failed medical thing atems from having a medical in france and finding a small heart defect. He was quickly deemed able to play sports so each medical since should show the same defect up.

Pretty sure lfc used it as an excuse to get out of the deal.

Sir   

I don't think we can argue at this signing given the cost, and, the current costs of what other players go for! He will play his fair share here I have no doubt, and good to give our new big man a rest every so often! Got to be honest, though, the Drogba signing still confuses me a tad with regards to strikers. Oddly, I'm still thinking we need one more?!?!

Very similar in style to Costa except obviously less physical. Lots of pace and always looking to run in behind. Also shown some unbelievable technique with some of his finishes. All in all very happy with a good back up signing. Replacing Torres is something I never thought could happen in this window and now it's happened we have a squad ready for the title.

Jose doesnt mind sacrificing a defender if we are a goal behind late on. Imagine the thoughts of a defender seeing costa, remy and the drog all running at them with hazard and schurle just behind. TBH we should never get that goal behind with the team we have now. Solid defense (usually) top keeper and a functional strike force finally to be proud of .

Scooba   

When did we last have a squad this good? If ever? Certainly rivals 2005/06 and beats every other year IMO.

Welcome Loic , I'm sure you'll well.

PS don't ask for 7 or 9.

I think Remy is a very canny signing, as he is a versatile player who can play CF and out wide, is very cheap at £8m and doesn't have massive wages and is a big improvement on Torres. Whilst, I'm not entirely sure that he will be able to step in for Costa is he picks up an injury he is an excellent bench option and if we do go and buy another striker next season then he can either be sold at a profit or fall back to the third option.