• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Loic Remy Departs.

When did we last have a squad this good? If ever? Certainly rivals 2005/06 and beats every other year IMO.

Interesting question.

Perhaps worth a topic of its own?

Stim   

Welcome Loic , I'm sure you'll well.

PS don't ask for 7 or 9.

You know we have a number 7 already right...

Edited by Stim

When did we last have a squad this good? If ever? Certainly rivals 2005/06 and beats every other year IMO.

Funny you mention that as I was having that conversation with somebody earlier today, I think it's shaping up to be one of the best squads I can remember us ever having. We both agreed that the 05/06 squad was possibly the best we have had to date so that would be the squad to compare our current one with.

Welcome Loic. Excellent signing - variety up front, more of a pacey type player like Anelka, who can play wide and offer us a different option. Cheap, but an absolute bargain, his record is excellent and still relatively young too, offers us a quality option if Costa is unavailable. All round top signing.

Credit to Jose, Emanalo and the board this summer - excellent work in the market, so much stronger, and only a net spend of £8.6 million, plus cut loads of the wage bill too. To be honest, most of our transfer work has been excellent in the last few seasons.

Now have a squad to realistically challenge on all fronts, with strength in depth, and a combination of youth and experience. Excellent work.

You know we have a number 7 already right...

Momentary lapse.

Both shirts cursed though.

jangz   

This signing reminds me so much of Anelka.. If he is anything like him we are in great shape then!

Costa is going to pick up a ban or 2 along the way so we now have depth to cover that.