• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Loic Remy Departs.

Sarin   

Would just like to point out that other players Chelsea fans were not keen on having were.

- Shurrle

- Matic

- Costa

- Azpi

- Cesc (because of Arsenal, not ability)

- Cahill

Last minute and everything, I think we've done alright here. There's a nice bit of variety about our attacking options now.

1 in 2 record in the Premier League isn't bad, plus we've also considerably weakened QPR. Always a bonus.

Welcome Loic , I'm sure you'll well.
PS don't ask for 7 or 9.

Countersigned.

Would just like to point out that other players Chelsea fans were not keen on having were.

- Shurrle

- Matic

- Costa

- Azpi

- Cesc (because of Arsenal, not ability)

- Cahill

Really? I don't remember everyone being against these signings.... The only one I really remember was everyone raising their eyebrows about the size of Schurrle's fee and questioning the need to buy another AM when we had KDB coming back from loan.

Sarin   

Cahill wasn't good enough. There was a reason no other big clubs went for him, he is a limited defender, his fee is low and shows no one wanted him and so on.

Shurrle lots of people did not want for reasons such as, no great stats, average at an average club, bad technique, if he was good bayern would have signed him.

Costa, one good season, bad attitude and so on, it was recent so I am sure people remember.

Cesc failed at Barca, can't play as a central midfielder, Arsenal connection.

Azpi was a poor full back, neither good at defending or attacking, who couldn't even make it in La Liga and had to go to the french league.

There are always massive over reactions to players that are not immediate world stars.
If Remy is as good as the above listed players, he will be great for us.

Stim   

Cahill wasn't good enough. There was a reason no other big clubs went for him, he is a limited defender, his fee is low and shows no one wanted him and so on.

Shurrle lots of people did not want for reasons such as, no great stats, average at an average club, bad technique, if he was good bayern would have signed him.

Costa, one good season, bad attitude and so on, it was recent so I am sure people remember.

Cesc failed at Barca, can't play as a central midfielder, Arsenal connection.

Azpi was a poor full back, neither good at defending or attacking, who couldn't even make it in La Liga and had to go to the french league.

There are always massive over reactions to players that are not immediate world stars.

If Remy is as good as the above listed players, he will be great for us.

You might have been reading a different forum. The reaction to all of them was mostly positive. Or you take the word of a few posters as the opinion of all chelsea fans.

Edited by Stim

Sarin   

I didn't say it was every posters, just some players that had bad things said about them joining. That some supporters didn't want them.

I wasn't convinced on Shurrle myself.

Also yes, this is only one chelsea site I visit of a few

Zoowraa   

Not sure why people are denying what Sarin has posted above. The reaction to these players was not positive at all (maybe with exception of Azpilicueta as dont think many had seen him) thats not to say it was all negative either. You could also add Willian to that list from when first strongly linked under AVB. It did slightly soften though after he destroyed us at the bridge for Shaktar.

He certainly was not reading a different forum. It was there for all too see.

Stim   

First pages of threads:

Matics thread's first page is all positive
Costas is 50/50 (understandable, people had reservations and pessimism when it comes to strikers)

Fabregas 100% positive

Schurlle is like 70% positive, a few posters waiting to see how it goes

Azpi has more people asking who he is than anything.

Willian mostly positive

Cahill mostly welcomed

Maybe the negative people arrive much later but I should be working and not doing this. Most likely, 'not keen on having' isn't correct.

And, because he visits different forums after a while it all blends together. I know I've made that mistake too once or twice.

Edited by Stim

Zoowraa   

First pages of threads:

Matics thread's first page is all positive

Costas is 50/50 (understandable, people had reservations and pessimism when it comes to strikers)

Fabregas 100% positive

Schurlle is like 70% positive, a few posters waiting to see how it goes

Azpi has more people asking who he is than anything.

Willian mostly positive

Cahill mostly welcomed

Maybe the negative people arrive much later but I should be working and not doing this. Most likely, 'not keen on having' isn't correct.

And, because he visits different forums after a while it all blends together. I know I've made that mistake too once or twice.

Its in the transfer topic where you need to be reading. The pages you have looked at are when they were signed, its when the players were first linked that the negativity is which is in the transfer topic thread.

By the time they have signed, most people just accept it and hope for the best.

Also, I am not saying peoples reservations were not warranted as that is all about opinions. I am just pointing out that Sarin is correct and I know full well their was quite a bit of negativity about these players. Schurrle was probably the most negative at the time of first being strongly linked.

Edited by Zoowraa