• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Etihad Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday, 21st September, 2014.

Might just get home in time to catch the second half on telly. Last catwalk show at LFW SS15 ends at 3.30pm at Somerset House.

Let's hope we start either with Costa or Remy... after last night's performance, Drogba has no right to start anything other than a Capital One Cup game against lower league opposition.

paulw66   

Might just get home in time to catch the second half on telly. Last catwalk show at LFW SS15 ends at 3.30pm at Somerset House.

Let's hope we start either with Costa or Remy... after last night's performance, Drogba has no right to start anything other than a Capital One Cup game against lower league opposition.

Hang on.......I do feel there is a bit of an over reaction in respect to DD. That his first 90 minutes since the WC so was understandably rusty. Not saying he should start ahead of Costa and Remy but some persective needed.

The headed goal, followed by the winning penalty in Munich was the pinnacle. Anything after that could only ever be an anti-climax. As big a fan as I am of Drogba, for much of that season it was clear he was on the wane, just making super-human efforts in the really important games, but usually below average the rest of the time.

His time in Turkey just emphasised that he was not the player he once was. He should never have come back. Will he get the odd goal, of course. But we'll see more performances like last night from him on an increasing basis. If Costa is unavailable or in need of a rest, then Remy should be the man entrusted to lead the line. Drogba should not, when either of the other two are available, be considered to start an important game.

I think we will get a slight surprise like Azpi in midfield or something.

... with Bran up front, and Petter as holding midfielder? What are you smoking down under?

Scooba   

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Ramires

Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Costa

The headed goal, followed by the winning penalty in Munich was the pinnacle. Anything after that could only ever be an anti-climax. As big a fan as I am of Drogba, for much of that season it was clear he was on the wane, just making super-human efforts in the really important games, but usually below average the rest of the time.

His time in Turkey just emphasised that he was not the player he once was. He should never have come back. Will he get the odd goal, of course. But we'll see more performances like last night from him on an increasing basis. If Costa is unavailable or in need of a rest, then Remy should be the man entrusted to lead the line. Drogba should not, when either of the other two are available, be considered to start an important game.

All fair comments and not a knee-jerk at all (no sarcasm intended).

However, I do not think Drogba was signed with the hope we signed the Drogba of 2006-2010. He was signed for his personality and experience and as a third choice striker that's not too bad I'd say.