• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Arsenal 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, before, during, and after the match.

Moderators and our legal people will keep an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note this un-moderated part of the forum is a privilege and its abuse may possibly result in the suspension of your account. Strictly no abuse towards fellow members.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:05, Sunday, 5th October 2014.

Wouldn't it just be life, if...after we started the season so brilliantly, thrashed Arsenal 6-0 last season, they have a bunch of big injuries, and there are fans on Arsenal forums seriously suggesting that they ought to forfeit...Wenger's lot actually came away with something this Sunday? >_>

BUT, placing such applications of Murphy's Law to one side, I am supremely confident that we will win. Not that we will thrash them...but a 2-1 or 3-1 win.

I want us to thoroughly thrash them again. I don't rate them at all, it annoys me how they sneak into the top 4 every season. They've got away with a few results this season already, so I'd like us to personally be the ones to show them the gap between how good they think they are, and the reality.

It'd be a massive upset if we don't win and within the game itself I expect us to utterly dominate possession, hopefully our finishing will reflect that.

It's a lose lose for Arsenal surely? If they attempt to park the bus then it'll suit us. If they try and have a go, then it'll be like heaven. Imagine those counter attacks Tottenham ****ed up last week landing at our feet.

For me, this should be an easier 3 points than some of the mid table sides that get stuck in.

and within the game itself I expect us to utterly dominate possession

Usually the way we destroy Arsenal is letting them tire themselves with worthless possession and then striking a killer blow (multiple times). ;)

Khobar   

I'd like us to keep another clean sheet to back up the two previous - if we manage that we'll win as I believe we have the players to score.

Don't want to get overconfident though.

I'd like us to keep another clean sheet to back up the two previous - if we manage that we'll win as I believe we have the players to score.

Don't want to get overconfident though.

Good point, I've missed the clean sheets!

YAY! I'm going to this game now, thank goodness for these returns the club gets and thank goodness I checked the ticket news yesterday!

All these weeks I was checking the ticket exchange and ended up getting them the normal way in the end. Which is why I don't these "returns"? Wouldn't they just be done through the ticket exchange these days?

I must admit I'm worried after last night, Gooner fans all over the BBC match commentary claiming Welbeck is the New Henry.

Martin Keown even mentioned it.

The BBC themselves even went as far as putting a picture up of Welbeck and Henry side by side asking the question ' is Welbeck the new Thierry Henry?'