• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kavarna.astoria

Maribor away

Hi everyone,

I'm the manager of a bar named Astoria in the center of the Maribor, and here are some information for the upcoming match with Maribor.

If you guys are looking for a place to meet before the game, I'd recommend Grajski Trg (Grajski square). It's in the old city center where all supporters of teams usually meet. Why?

Because at that location are 3 different bars all in 100m range of each other. Even if you all go drink at the different bars, you can still cheer and make noise and make the whole square go alive! It's always an event. The residents love it and it usually creates a fantastic mood.

Also, the square is the home to a McDonalds and a hotel (Hotel Orel) and is 5 - 10 min walking distance from the stadium.

Here is a map of the square with the locations marked of three bars all within an ear shot.

cCiCC4E.png

And for a final note, at Astoria, the bar that is marked at the very top, we are offering a warm up price of beer.

Also, if you wish to bring a band or organize some music we'll be happy to set you up with a stage and audio equipment.

After the game, we'll happily organize a party and provide a DJ so you can finish the night with a bang!

And lastly, if you have any questions at all, regarding anything, I'll be happy to help out and answer them.

Cheers

Chrisb   

That's awesome!

We arrive on Tuesday so you'll be seeing us on the Tuesday night I reckon!!

We're staying at Postelska 5a, 2000 Maribor. Is this far from Grajski Trg?

Away fans in Maribor always meet at Grajski Trg because it's in the city centre few minutes from the ground and there are loads of bars. The place where you're staying is a mile and half away so take a cab to Grajski Trg. It will cost you just a few euros

We're staying at Postelska 5a, 2000 Maribor. Is this far from Grajski Trg?

Well, by foot it's about 25 minutes if you have a good pace. (about 2km) Here's the route on Google Maps. It's practically a straight line.

For reference, here is a picture of the Astoria pub: tTy0Mkw.jpg

Remember, if you have any flags and such, be sure to bring them along, maybe we can hang them up. If you have any music you would like to hear, bring a USB key / CD and we'll play it for you. The right mood is important for a great experience.