• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 6 NK Maribor 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against NK Maribor at Stamford Bridge, before, during, and after the match.

Moderators and our legal people will keep an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note this un-moderated part of the forum is a privilege and its abuse may possibly result in the suspension of your account. Strictly no abuse towards fellow members.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Tuesday, 21st October 2014.

Aside from Luis starting, and Schurrle coming in *if fit*...I can't really see where we're going to rotate, even if it would seem prudent to do so.

Edit: Oh! I forgot Salah existed. This isn't the best sign.

Scooba   

Aside from Luis starting, and Schurrle coming in *if fit*...I can't really see where we're going to rotate, even if it would seem prudent to do so.

I'm not sure Luis will start this. My predicted team -

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Zouma Azpi

Mikel Ramires (if fit)

Salah Cesc Schurrle(if fit)

Drogba/Remy

Cech
Azpi Cahill Zouma Ake
Mikel Cesc Ramires

Salah Schurrle
Remy

I hope. And that we get a few before Solanke and Baker play the last minutes.

Faramir   

I think Azpilicueta will get the start in this game seeing that he won't be available for the next three Premier League games.

Faramir   

I'm not sure Luis will start this. My predicted team -

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Zouma Azpi

Mikel Ramires (if fit)

Salah Cesc Schurrle(if fit)

Drogba/Remy

I think Ramires will be on the bench if fit with Fabregas and Matic in their central midfield positions. Mourinho is not going to play Zouma, we only have 4 CL points and he will want his regular back line. Maribor have got results against both Sporting and Schulke and so Mourinho will give them total respect.

If there are any changes to the line-up below it will probably be because a player has not recovered sufficiently from the Palace game.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Fabregas Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Remy

^ In a rather obtuse moment I briefly forgot that Azpi's suspension wouldn't apply to this game. Whoops.

I see us rotating for this game, Maribor are Championship/League One level, we've just come off an international break and we're playing Utd at the weekend who will have the week off. For me I expect/I would play the following:

Courtois

Dave Ivanovic Terry Luis

Mikel Ramires

Schurrle Willian Salah

Remy

For me, that team should still easily be able to handle Maribor at home, whilst it gives the squad players an outing (which some of them need) and rests players such as Matic, Cahill, Hazard, Oscar, Cesc and hopefully Costa who will all need to be at 100% as Utd are going to come out flying at us as they've got a point to prove.