• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Old Trafford, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday, 26th October, 2014.

Lampen   

I think Costa will be ready. And this I why: Mourinho played Drogba at home against Schalke when Costa was injured. He didn't play remy because he was afraid of an injury to him would mean that Drogba was our only choice against man c away. Yesterday he wasn't afraid of an injury to remy. Because he wouldn't start against United anyway.

I think Costa will be ready. And this I why: Mourinho played Drogba at home against Schalke when Costa was injured. He didn't play remy because he was afraid of an injury to him would mean that Drogba was our only choice against man c away. Yesterday he wasn't afraid of an injury to remy. Because he wouldn't start against United anyway.

This - I'd be shocked if Costa doesn't start at OT...

Scooba   

Not neccessarily. Schalke was on a Wed, he might have just wanted to rest Remy. Remy could comfortably play Tuesday/Sunday in a week, so I don't think the decision to start him last night was based on who might be available Sunday. We had to win last night and Remy was the best man for the job. Even Jose can't predict who will get injured when.

paulw66   

I have a feeling we are going to boss this and win 2-0

We are better than them in every department.

A couple of quotes today from Remy saying that he doesn't think it's too bad. He said that it felt a little tight when running in on goal then he felt a little pain and thought it best to let someone who is 100% come on. As for Costa god knows what's happening with him. That said I think this is going to be a difficult game, all the pressure is on us to win as everyone thinks Utd are going to get bent over the barrel. For me, I would go with the following team:

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Luis

Matic Cesc

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Drogba/Remy

For me, I've chosen Schurrle to start as I'm going to believe Jose and Costa is not fit, as if that is the case Schurrle's off the ball movement is going to be vital, especially with the way Utd play at the back, as he's the most likely to spring the offside trap. However, if Costa is fit then I expect either Willian or Ramires to start as they will have the legs to keep up with Di Maria out wide.

cii99mn1   

^Willian over Schurrle, apart from that it's the team to go.

Man U have the most expensive team ever in the PL (without even owning all of them!) with quite a few good players but only one who has looked excellent recently. They sure overpaid for some of them. Herrera for example, far from impressive against WBA and in fact a lot more expensive than Man U fans pretend. Or Shaw for that matter - ridicilous wages and fee for him.

So let's show the Manchester mercenaries how to play proper football. :-)

kumbaya   

Very interesting game. They have many star players up front. I guess this is going to be a close one (one goal difference).