• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

paulw66   

Nicely put.

If this was the first time Mourinho has done this, one would understand. After all we all experiment sometimes. He had options on who to bring on. 9/10 times when Mourinho brings on Mikel, we end up not only sacrificing our attacking play, but also defending much worse. Mikel arrives late to every tackle, jogs along when the ball passes him. He is the worst possible sub when you want to stabilise possession or defend a lead.

The bigger question is whether Mourinho could demonstrate more confidence in is methods, and rely less on the so-called tried and tested (and found to be average) players. In many other teams, Nathan Ake would be having more games. As an all round footballer, never mind midfielder, I do not for the life of me see how he could possibly do worse than Mikel. Maybe we should do a Matic with Nathan Ake -sell and buy back, The position of third striker should never have been filled by Drogba. As a PL or CL striker, Drogba is history. These and a few other things do make me wonder how far things have really progressed.

The team and the squad have improved, but I'm not so sure that I could say the same about the philosophy and mentality of the manager.

And what has Mourinho ever won?

Strange comment about Drogba after the last 3 games, where he has shown he is more than an adequate 3rd choice. First choice, clearly not, but 3rd choice......absolutely.

Khobar   

I'm sure there must be more people than it seems here who actually enjoy watching Chelsea, love seeing us on top of the league and marvel at the aura Mourinho builds around the team.

Sometimes, it's nice to just sit back and smile rather than feel the need to find something, or someone, to pick apart.

Chel_don   

I think the main reason Mikel was bought on and we decided to try to hold on for a 1-0 was that we were basically playing without a centre forward for the last half hour. Drogba was absolutely shattered and could hardly run, I'm amazed people see it any other way.

I thought the reason was that Oscar, Fabregas and Matic where all booked and another yellow was looming between the 3 of them ,so Mikel came on to make those fouls that Oscar,Fabregas and Matic couldnt make.

We've dropped 4 points this season guys. You are aware of that, right? We've played the Champions at their gaff and were more than a match for them, we are fine. More than fine

Stop moaning ffs.

Flinkers   

We've dropped 4 points this season guys. You are aware of that, right? We've played the Champions at their gaff and were more than a match for them, we are fine. More than fine

Stop moaning ffs.

Not really moaning, just pointing out that against 10 man City and a relatively poor United side, there was no need to hang back as much as we did.

On the whole, I'm extremely happy with the start we've made!