• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

NK Maribor 1 Chelsea 1

Holymoly   

Incidentally, I didn't bother watching the game live as I was at the DFS sale - no contest!

I'be always been more of an armchair fan really.

troll-ba-dum-tss.jpg

paulw66   

Just got back from a mini euro tour.......went out to Slovenia on Wednesday morning, then spent Thursday to Sunday in Italy

As a consequence, missed virtually all the media coverage and have not seen any of it since. From the away end (opposite end) the foul on Oscar looked blatant, but was impossible to judge the offside goal.

We didn't start to play until they scored and we could have got away with it had Hazard done the business.

You get some funny people who follow Chelsea in Europe. I thought it could kick off outside the ground at any second, but for no apparent reason other than 99% of the people there had obviously been on the sauce since about 11am. We met a woman in the restaurant we were eating in who came over and said hello.....when we bumped into her in the street a couple of hours later and we said hello again, she told us to eff off.......then during the game at least 2 people fell asleep due to the days' excess......long way to go for a snooze!

Know what you mean.

I'm not too sold on the euro aways to be honest. Often find myself thinking the atmosphere is **** in the away end and far too many doesn't seem too be bothered.

It's a strange one those euro aways. I get the feeling a lot of people go just to be able to tick the ground/country off their list.

You also get some absolute ****ing idiots travelling to those games. Remember Genk away a few years ago where a small group of young lads made absolute arses of themselves. Started to throw glasses etc at the Genk fans and also thrashed the bus when it took us back to the City centre.

Really silly.

GazMHU   

yeah I went Genk away, horrible trip, was not a good atmosphere amongst our own before & after the game, also that city centre (if you can call it that) was depressing, so glad to get home on that one.

paulw66   

yeah I went Genk away, horrible trip, was not a good atmosphere amongst our own before & after the game, also that city centre (if you can call it that) was depressing, so glad to get home on that one.

I really liked Genk.......the huge difference to your experiences above being that the 5 of us kept to ourselves. We ate in a top restaurant that was part of the hotel where the Genk players were staying, and where some UEFA delegates had eaten the day before, then we went for beers with the locals before the game who were really friendly.

We did the same in Turin; ended up drinking in a bar full of Juve fans near the ground (I speak the language which helped) and we ended up signing "I hate Liverpool" in Italian with the locals.