• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

NK Maribor 1 Chelsea 1

Holymoly   

The Scum will be tucked up in their hovels and slums by now assumingh their EasyJet flight wasn't delayed. Just hoping for no injuries...

Ake to start as Mikel is still injured(?).

Matic and Ramires I'm guessing. A bit of rotation, something like this:

Courtois; Bran, Zouma, JT, Azpi; Ramires, Matic; Salah, Willian, Schurrle; Drogba

Subs: Cech, Cahill, Luis, Ake, Oscar, Hazard, Costa

bluereed   

We need to win this match in order to ensure qualification to the next round. Costa should get some game time as we need him to be sharp against LIverpool. Costa looked sluggish against QPR so he needs a run out. Get the job done and then bring on the subs and rest some players. Here's hoping...fingers crossed...COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

DannyLB   

I'd start Costa and if all is well after 60 minutes then Drogba can come in. He needs more match fitness for when we smash Liverpool.

Khobar   

Part of me wants a weakened side in preparation for Saturday, but I also don't want us to take this game for granted so close to qualification. Also, I'd like Dave, Ramirez and Costa to get a few minutes under their belts.

Cech

Dave

Zouma

Terry

Luis

Ake

Ramires

Salah

Schurrle

Noidea

Costa (for 45 minutes -1hour)

Zoowraa   

Costa looked short of recent action on Saturday imo. I think we need to start him tonight for an hour in preparation for Saturday.

We need him for Saturday as I think he can do some real damage to them scumbags, it could be seen as a risk to play him tonight, but I think an hour or so will be good preparation for Saturday.

Chelsea line-up v Maribor: Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry ©, Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Willian, Hazard; Drogba.

Chelsea subs v Maribor: Courtois, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Oscar, Salah, Diego Costa.

Chelsea line-up v Maribor: Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry ©, Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Willian, Hazard; Drogba.

Chelsea subs v Maribor: Courtois, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Oscar, Salah, Diego Costa.

That's a strong starting XI and a strong bench. A strong statement of intent that we want to win every game, a strong message to Liverpool that we take every game seriously and that we're good enough not to have to rest huge swathes of players to take them on and beat them. Of course if we can go in at half time 3-0 up, for instance, that allows us to make changes so as to possibly give Azpilicueta, Ramires and Costa some minutes ahead of Saturday. Let's just hope we don't pick up stupid injuries to key players like Cesc and Eden.