• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:45, Saturday 8th November, 2014.

Honestly, I think this will be the first game that we lose for the season, and on comes the Novemeber slump. Really feel terrible about this game.

Liverpool have been poor against the weak teams, and that usually means that they really turn it up for the big teams (according to past years, too lazy to look up the results, just remember noticing a trend for a few years, don't crucify me.)

Really, really hope we can grind out a result here, that would be fantastic.

It's imperative that we do not allow them to win this game and ignite their season.

They are playing with no real belief in themselves and a win against us will do wonders for them.

Still it's an early kick off and we are traditionally crap at those, its black November so that doesn't help either.

I'm hoping Jose kicks a few butts after Maribor and gets us back into our stride.

It's imperative that we do not allow them to win this game and ignite their season.

They are playing with no real belief in themselves and a win against us will do wonders for them.

Still it's an early kick off and we are traditionally crap at those, its black November so that doesn't help either.

I'm hoping Jose kicks a few butts after Maribor and gets us back into our stride.

Wow, those are the two biggest non-arguments you could've brought up ;)

Liverpool have been very poor this season and the absence of Sturridge and Suarez doesn't help either as they made up 80% of the team that had been flying so high last season.

The tricky part is, we aren't in a particularly good form either - the only reason Liverpool can hope for something out of this game. Even though I'd say we played well yesterday, we can't stretch the amazing dominance that we display for 15-20 minutes in every game over a longer period. When we have to get going we start playing amazing stuff, but we can't keep it up consistently. Moreover it takes extrinsic influence like a silly goal against us. We need to fix this. This team can do so much more if they have to/ genuinely want to.

The way things are going right now it will take them only one attempt on target to score, so we better go there and push them from the start!

Do we really have poor form across early kick offs? I guess early kick offs tend to be games TV are interested in, so are likely to be against better sides. My bet is that our form against the big sides is relatively consistent regardless of when games are played but it would be interesting to see a statistical breakdown.

There are very few games I want to win more than any we play at Anfield. We're off the back of three or four, in my opinion, unimpressive performances but we're still twice the side Liverpool are.

Khobar   

Hope Sturridge isn't fit, simply because of sods law. Same sods law that can see a mediocre side like Liverpool win a game like this.

Teamwise, I think Rodgers has more to think about than Mourinho.

Does he defend and rely on the break? This is probably the sensible option but he didn't take it last season when the stakes were higher. Does he man Mark Fabregas? It's an option but he will have to sacrifice a player and leave more space for our other talented players.

I think we should give Hazard a free pass to roam in this one, make sure we have some defensive pace, as Rodgers will see this as his main weapon against Terry and Cahill. Could be a shout for sticking a wing back in midfield as we used to do with Bertrand occasionally. Luiz in front of Dave is worth considering I reckon.

I usually fear this game , given my dislike of the opposition, but given the two teams this is the most confident I'be felt in years. Probably a bad sign.