• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 2

Iirc during AVB's tenure a poor Arsenal side came to the Bridge and put five past us, they then went on a long unbeaten run on the back of it which I really don't want to see Liverpool doing.

We need to beat them like a ginger step child.

Anyone got any idea on who the minutes silence will be for this time?

Khobar   

Iirc during AVB's tenure a poor Arsenal side came to the Bridge and put five past us, they then went on a long unbeaten run on the back of it which I really don't want to see Liverpool doing.

We need to beat them like a ginger step child.

Anyone got any idea on who the minutes silence will be for this time?

That was the game where I finally lost it with Sturridge losing the ball and not trying to get it back.

It's imperative that we do not allow them to win this game and ignite their season.

Yep, this is the only reason I can fathom for Rodgers' team selection against Real.

Little bit wary, the atmosphere is sure to be cracking and it wouldn't surprise me to see Balotelli scoring his first league goal. We'll win though, Costa and Fabregas 2-1

Chel_don   

Judging by our last 2 games can't see us winning. Liverpool would be really up for it after what we did to them last season plus they will want to be the first team to beat us to gain their confidence back. Ill definetly play Ramires in this one to ease the work load on Fabregas and Matic. I would start Oscar instead of Willian.

GazMHU   

I can't see us losing, Jòse will get the boys right up for this game (like last season), yes we've not played to our very high standards recently but were still unbeaten & haven't been outplayed once. This will be Liverpool's nail in their coffin & the pressure will be right on Brenda Rodgers after this. Liverpool will have to be at their best & us at our worst for them to win.

Team picks itself Imo, Courtois, Dave, Cahill, Oscar & Costa all back in.

Khobar   

Yep, this is the only reason I can fathom for Rodgers' team selection against Real.

Little bit wary, the atmosphere is sure to be cracking and it wouldn't surprise me to see Balotelli scoring his first league goal. We'll win though, Costa and Fabregas 2-1

Always hard to fathom Rodgers tactics though - if we 'parked the bus' last season and they only needed a draw, what's the sensible way to play? Especially when the prize is so big. Mourinho got under their skin with the tactics and they reacted accordingly. Rodgers, for all this 'Mourinho apprentice' rubbish, didn't see it coming and didn't know how to react. I'm not convinced he's any the wiser this season. He presided over a brief period when Suarez couldn't stop scoring and Sturridge was also chipping in but was proclaimed a genius on the back of it. Bit like AVB in many ways.

And as much as they make of that game derailing them, Palace away finally did for them. You would have thought they would admire a comeback from 3:0 down.

You would have thought they would admire a comeback from 3:0 down.

Ouch!

Ouch indeed.

Very upset I can't be at Anfield. Haven't been there since we won the CL.... After last years comedy I'd wanted to be there more than ever.

Damn.

Scooba   

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Or

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Azpi

Ramires Matic Fabregas

Oscar Costa Hazard

I would prefer to see the first team there start but happy with either. I'm assuming Azpi will come straight back in?

Khobar   

Courtois

Ivanovic

Terry

Cahill

Azpilicuta *

Matic

Ramirez

Fabregas

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

I was mulling this as a side (*would pick Luiz personally in case Dave was rusty).

Also, I wanted Fabregas to have space without the risk of leaving the defence open if he loses the ball. However, looking at it in print it could easily become a bit narrow defensively in front of the back four and perhaps leave the attacking options stretched.

I'd still take a draw to be honest.

*edit -same as Sccobas second team I just noticed.