• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 2

Good point regarding how we were outnumbered in midfield (sometimes 4 vs. 1) and we still held the fort.

Sometimes I wonder if people expect Matic to single-handedly stop a 3 man midfield?

Agree.

On another note, how good was Suarez? Forget all the nonsense, Liverpool aren't even half the side without him, he almost single-handedly led them to the title. He was ultra-competitive, technically brilliant, full of energy and full of goals. He was absolutely outstanding last season, easily the best player in the league.

ironstar   

On another note, how good was Suarez? Forget all the nonsense, Liverpool aren't even half the side without him, he almost single-handedly led them to the title. He was ultra-competitive, technically brilliant, full of energy and full of goals. He was absolutely outstanding last season, easily the best player in the league.

An utter scumbag of a human, but a brilliant footballer. I am so happy to see the back of him, and it pleases me to end to see Liverpool fall apart like the house of cards that they are without him. Rodgers getting found out big time and even on utterly deluded places like RAWK the scousers are beginning to see what is happening. A nice long slide back to midtable mediocraty and fare thee well to the Champions League. All the sweeter for the fact that they got to taste it once again, only to have it ripped away hopefully by Real, Basel and Ludogorets!

All the sweeter for the fact that they got to taste it once again, only to have it ripped away hopefully by Real, Basel and Ludogorets!

I'd say it has been ripped away by their own manager, playing a reserve team at Madrid, I mean it just doesn't get any bigger than Madrid away in the champions league, yet he openly admitted by his team selection that they could not compete so he rested most of his team for the game against us only to get beat again.

I would be absolutely outraged if a manager of ours ever tried that, the media would have gone mental as would every other fan from every other club if it had been us. He got away very lightly with it in my opinion.

From a media perspective he did with all the red tops out in force trying hard to top each other in the category "most deluded journalist in Britain" after our game.

In reality that decision has cost him dearly. They are in a free fall.

Next up Palace away. Not looking good for them!

Bison   

From a media perspective he did with all the red tops out in force trying hard to top each other in the category "most deluded journalist in Britain" after our game.

In reality that decision has cost him dearly. They are in a free fall.

Next up Palace away. Not looking good for them!

It's funny how that worked out again - Chelsea at home followed by Palace away. :)

GazMHU   

First things first, Liverpool weren't that good. We were far more comfortable than against Arsenal, Utd and particularly City, who are better teams, even if they're also encountering problems. Having said that, Liverpool caused us problems in the first-half, though by half-time it was clear we were far superior to them and were the most likely to win. Why did these problems arise? Fabregas was being man-marked by Henderson (and he was hampered by a hamstring niggle), meaning he wasn't as influential as normal, drifting out of position to receive the ball and also to drag Henderson away from middle, leaving Matic horribly outnumbered in midfield. We saw this clearly for their goal. Matic was all alone. Jose saw it and remedied it at half-time and Fabregas was far more disciplined second half, meaning they could no longer play through us, and we exerted more and more control the more the game went on, despite the injury to Fabregas and the fact he was man-marked.

For such a detailed analysis on our midfield play in the first half & yet not one mention of Ramires in the lead up to conceding our goal.

For such a detailed analysis on our midfield play in the first half & yet not one mention of Ramires in the lead up to conceding our goal.

To be fair, he was so out of position you could barely see him on the TV screen...

GazMHU   

TBH It was Pat Nevin on CTV that pointed it out to me,

But if people are gonna point fingers at players at least make sure they are pointing them at the right ones.

It seems it's only me, you and Pat Nevin who noticed then.

Others are primarily trying to blame Fabregas and/or Matic.