Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ManagerXI

Premier League Betting Log - ManagerXI

47 posts in this topic

So a lad comes on here to hand out free betting suggestions and people get hung up because they don't understand the terminology?

Whether the post should be approved or not I won't say, it's not my site. But it went through and got published.

If you don't get the terminology used just google it ffs. If you don't like betting, don't read it.

It's not rocket science lads.

So a lad comes on here to hand out free betting suggestions and people get hung up because they don't understand the terminology?

Whether the post should be approved or not I won't say, it's not my site. But it went through and got published.

If you don't get the terminology used just google it ffs. If you don't like betting, don't read it.

Nicely put.

I don't see a problem if people want to exchange betting tips on here on the right thread. If you aren't interested - don't read!

So...all I'd want to know is, if you put a tenner on it, how much would you have won.

The return would have been £14.25 so a profit of £4.25

May not sound like a lot on a one off basis, but people who bet regularly on these sort of things are looking for a smaller, safer return than someone who is looking to win £300 from a one off punt.

£4.25 represents a 42.50% profit on your outlay, which is actually very good, albeit with £10, not going to send you on holiday

The return would have been £14.25 so a profit of £4.25

May not sound like a lot on a one off basis, but people who bet regularly on these sort of things are looking for a smaller, safer return than someone who is looking to win £300 from a one off punt.

£4.25 represents a 42.50% profit on your outlay, which is actually very good, albeit with £10, not going to send you on holiday

Cheers for that Paul.

I wasn't having a go earlier, just couldn't understand how he was talking up Swansea and pointing out Citeh's problems then won the bet with a City win.

I geddit now.

This!

As long as it doesn't turn out to be a tout.

Betting is my passion btw. Would love to share a bet or two in here. :)

Cheers for the encouragement lads, will be back with a bet around noon. Still deciding between two bets and want to wait for more recent team news. I will post it earlier so anybody who is interested can get the bet on rather than waiting for the lineups which are released to the public an hour before kickoff.

Man Utd v Hull Betting Preview:

This is not a great weekend for Premier League bettors with short prices, loss of form for a few teams, midweek European matches and important injuries to the old reliables which all make this weekends meetings a minefield due to the home/away fixtures so this weekends bet will be slightly higher risk than normal.

Man Utd are starting to look like a more coherent attacking unit, even with Fellani running around banging into people but it is their defence that remains their achilles heel. They started the last game against Arsenal with a back 3 of Blackett, McNair and Smalling which is easily the most inexperienced defence in the league which is only being saved by De Gea pulling off a string of fine saves. Luke Shaw is unavailable after twisting his ankle to add to the defensive injury list of Blind, Rafael, Jones and Evans. Radamel Falcao and Marcos Rojo have returned for United.

While on paper Hull would be considered relegation fodder as they have won 2 from 12 games and conceded 17 goals in the process they have had an incredibly tough run of fixtures in that stretch facing most of the top teams but have showed they possess a goal threat having scored 2 goals against both Arsenal and Man City. Gaston Ramieriez will be suspended after his red card against Tottenham last week while Hull will also be without striker Abel Hernandez for the game. The Uruguayan has had to travel back to South America where his partner is due to give birth.

While I expect Man Utd to win this game their odds of 1.33 are far too short but due to their defense they will have to score at least twice more than likely to win the game. Manchester United have won the last nine straight matches against Hull City including all six meetings in the Barclays Premier League. Hull have won just one of their last 11 Premier League away games (D4 L6).

Recommended Bet: Man Utd to score 2 or 3 Goals - 1.95 Ladbrokes (Home Team Goal Bands)

Man Utd: De Gea, Smalling, Carrick, Rojo, Valencia, Fellaini, Mata, Di Maria, Young, Rooney, van Persie

Hull: McGregor, Chester, Dawson, Davies, Robertson, Brady, Diame, Elmohamady, Livermore, Ben Arfa, Jelavic

Man Utd 3-0 Hull

Utd looked very slick today and it was good to see Mata back playing in the center. Falcao returned from injury and looked dangerous so we will see now how Van Gaal will fit him, Rooney and Van Persie into the same team.

The next round of Premier League fixtures starts on Tuesday so I will be back then with my next bet.

West Brom v West Ham:

West Brom (15th) host West Ham (5th) in this evening’s game. West Brom are on a bad run of form at the moment with just 1 win from their last 6 league games and having failed to score in their last 3. In Berahino they have a good goal threat with 7 goals in 13 appearances this season but unfortunately for West Brom he is really their only goal threat as nobody else has scored more than 1 league goal this season whereas West Ham's last seven Premier League goals have been scored by seven different players. West Brom sit just two points above the relegation zone while the impressive West Ham are coming off an impressive win against the inform Newcastle who had won their 6 previous games in all competitions before falling to defeat against West Ham. West Brom record signing striker Brown Ideye was bought for £10m from Dynamo Kiev over the summer but at the moment he is struggling to make the match day squad and from all appearances looks to be a flop.

West Ham have lost only 2 of their away league games this season while scoring an average of 2 goals in those games and they welcome back Enner Valencia from injury who has been a revelation this season and his pace has troubled every defence he has faced and considering that West Brom have Claudio Yacob suspended for this match who would have been tasked with containing Valencia however that job will fall to Mulumbu tonight and while he is comparable, Yacob would have been better suited to reading the game to cut off Valencia's runs. West Brom also have other important defensive injuries with Jonas Olsson, Silvestre Varela and Sebastien Pocognoli with Cristian Gamboa starting in place of Pocognoli at left-back.

In West Hams last game their defense was immense with a back 4 of Cresswell, Tomkins, Collins and Jenkinson who worked very well together to double up on Newcastles players and cover for eachother when caught out of position with Andy Carroll even running back to defend and if they approach this game in the same way then West Brom will struggle to score.

Up front for West Ham alongside the impressive Valencia is the rejuvenated Stewart Downing who has been incredible for West Ham this season now that he is operating at the tip of a midfield diamond and West Ham are perfectly set up to hit teams on the counter which they should have a lot of success with if West Brom attempt to play an open game tonight. Diafra Sakho (West Ham top scorer) is expected back this weekend after aggravating a back injury but West Ham have a readymade replacement in Andy Carroll who has massively improved his work ethic and is an aerial threat from set pieces.

In West Broms last game against Arsenal they were totally dominated for the opening 75 minutes and allowed Arsenal a lot of scoring opportunities while in the game before that West Brom allowed Chelsea 21 shots on goal and West Brom have now won just 3 of their last 16 league games, 2 of which were against Burnley and Leicester. Five of the last seven Premier League meetings between West Ham and West Brom have ended as draws, with one win apiece in the other games in that run.

Recommended Bet: West Ham to win or draw (double chance) - 1.57 Coral