• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

NK Schalke 0 Chelsea 5

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against FC Schalke 04 at Veltins Arena, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Tuesday, 25th November, 2014.

It's a lot to ask, but it would be good to win this, put the group to bed and give ourselves the opportunity to rotate extensively against Sporting in the last game.

Scooba   

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Azpi

Ramires Fabregas Matic

Oscar Costa Hazard

I think we might see something like this line up vs Schalke. Ramires basically the only change from yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised to see the sake XI from yesterday start on Tuesday though, particularly as Ramires wasn't fully fit yet.

Faramir   

We need to take charge in this game and be clinical with our chances. Our away form and results in the Champions League need to improve. Good opportunity to win the group Tuesday night. Let's take it.

paulw66   

It's a lot to ask, but it would be good to win this, put the group to bed and give ourselves the opportunity to rotate extensively against Sporting in the last game.

Agreed. Win the game, go through as winners after 5 games. Annoyingly, the extra 2 points in Maribor would have meant we just need a draw.

Anyway, win then play some youngsters in the last game. Lovely.

Flinkers   

NK Schalke?

They've been pretty up and down since Robbie joined them - he's trying to make them fitter and more compact but it's not really working yet.

At the weekend they raced out to a 3-0 lead and then ended up holding on by the odd goal. They've been involved a few odd goal games and will give us chances. Even if we weren't on a good run I'd expect us to beat Schalke in most matches. The only way they get anything is if we dose through match like last time.

I'd be happy with a professional job on them. 2-0

The beginning of a really important 11 days of fixtures.

I'd go as strong as possible and try and put CL qualifying to rest.

Cech

Branna-Cahill--JT-Luis

Cesc-Matic

Willian--oscar--Hazard

Costa

Hard fought 1 - 2 win.

Agree. This fixture is followed by a nice gap (probably the longest until the New Year) before the Sunderland game so a bit of recovery time is available.

DannyLB   

The beginning of a really important 11 days of fixtures.

I'd go as strong as possible and try and put CL qualifying to rest.

Cech

Branna-Cahill--JT-Luis

Cesc-Matic

Willian--oscar--Hazard

Costa

Hard fought 1 - 2 win.

I'd play Schurrle over Willian in this one myself but agree with everything else.