• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelsea-Till-I-Die

Chelsea ticketing system strikes again...

So, trying to buy Derby away tickets as a member this morning.

Website - couldn't get on as per usual, then says after a while online allocation sold out. Ok, I don't like it but I can accept it's possible.

Call up at 9:15 as per what it says for call centre opening in online ticket waiting area - number doesn't even ring with me trying for 5 solid minutes only getting beeping number busy tone so not even in the QUEUE, finally get through and told it sold out 3 or 4 minutes ago. F&cked off.

Not the first time it's happened to me this season by any means.

Look, I can accept not being able to get a ticket if it sells out but not when our ticket system prevents me from even having a chance. It's utter sh&te.

paulw66   

Website - couldn't get on as per usual, then says after a while online allocation sold out. Ok, I don't like it but I can accept it's possible.

Call up at 9:15 as per what it says for call centre opening in online ticket waiting area - number doesn't even ring with me trying for 5 solid minutes only getting beeping number busy tone so not even in the QUEUE, finally get through and told it sold out 3 or 4 minutes ago. F&cked off.

Look, I can accept not being able to get a ticket if it sells out but not when our ticket system prevents me from even having a chance. It's utter sh&te.

What is annoying is how good the one for The Oval is. I just bought tickets for the Ashes game in August and there was a progress bar going across the screen showing when you would reach the front of the queue. Took a long time but there was no randomness about it.

synavm   

Do we know if the queue system is actually first come first serve? There's times where I've joined the queue as soon as it's actually reverted from being able to sign in to becoming a queue and haven't got through, and times where I've got on after waiting five minutes. Is it a lottery? I've really struggled getting tickets for the last three aways.

the system is a shambles tbh. They really need to change it becuase there is awlays high demand for the away games. It just seems like a lottery. Missed out for stoke yesterday both online and on the phone.

However few weeks ago, I missed out on the online allocation for newcastle, but managed to get one by phoning at 9.15.

Ditto....Online sales sold out at 07.23 which was more or less one hour after I tried to log in and "sat in the virtual waiting room"....

Called at 09.14 to get engaged tone constantly for 15 minutes, so not in the queue either. Got put on hold for a couple of minutes and was thinking "happy days" only to be told sorry Derby's sold out.

Tempted to buy in the Derby home end as it's on General Sale with more than 3000 tickets still available, with loads available together in their North Stand (opposite end to where we should be), be just like the old days....!

Do we know if the queue system is actually first come first serve? There's times where I've joined the queue as soon as it's actually reverted from being able to sign in to becoming a queue and haven't got through, and times where I've got on after waiting five minutes. Is it a lottery? I've really struggled getting tickets for the last three aways.

It's a lottery mate. I've been waiting in the virtual waiting room for ages on my pc, fired up my iPad a little later and got straight in. It's worse this season than it has been for ages....must be the Jose factor

I was surprised at how quickly the tickets sold out. This had all the ingredients for a slow sell; League Cup, Away, Lower League etc.

Has anyone ever tried to log in an hour before? In other words, early enough to bring up the log in screen with no virtual waiting system, and then when close to 7am be able log in freely? Or does it just go to the virtual system regardless of what you do?

Tried opening another session, using a different browser (I.e. Firefox and Chrome and IE)? Seems to work sometimes.

I was trying chrome and Firefox on my laptop and also safari on my iPhone. Numerous windows open too, tried opening different ones at different times. Been horrendous this season trying to get tickets the usual way.

synavm   

Once again, online from when the holding system opened for Stoke (for members) this morning at around 6.20-ish, refreshing from about 5.40 waiting the holding system to start and once again I miss out on tickets (managed to get to pretty much every away up until Liverpool but since then I've been missing out on everything). I'd love for us to have a legitimate queue system if we're not going to upgrade our servers to cope with the demand.

Another frustration is that I want to build up the loyalty points enough to qualify for a Season Ticket next year. If it carries on as it is, it could turn out to be pretty difficult to qualify.