• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Newcastle 2 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Newcastle at St. James' Park, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:45, Saturday 6th December, 2014.

Ouch no Matic against a team we haven't beaten at theirs under Jose.

I'd go:

Teebow

Dave-Cahill-Terry-Luis

Cesc---Oscar

Remy---Willian--Hazard

Costa

But I'm not manager so I think we will go

Teebow

Branna-Cahill-Terry-Dave

Cesc---Mikel

Willian---Oscar--Hazard

Costa

Urgh newcastle away. Can easily see us drawing again.

:(

I hate this fixture, and we could really do without it being on Saturday morning. Anyhow, that cannot be changed so I'll go with:

Courtois

Bane Cahill Terry Dave

Mikel Cesc

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Bench

Cech

Zouma

Luis

Ramires

Schurrle

Remy

Drogba

For me due to Matic being suspended I don't see Jose making too many changes, especially as the next two midweek games are Lisbon and Derby respectively so that will be the time to rotate, while the next PL game is against Hull at home which is less taxing fixture when you look at it on paper.

paulw66   

Shouldn't Ramires be spot on to replacr Matic?

Not featured in the squad for the last 2 games. Mikel is the most like for like.

Scooba   

Unless we go ultra attacking ^^^ hazard and Willian on the wings, 2 up top and Cesc/Oscar in the middle.

Some more optimistic news for those of us who are superstitious. This is the first Newcastle game I'll be at since we last won there 3-0 under AVB.

Chel_don   

A midfield of Cesc and Oscar can easily get overpowered by Newcastle who are quite a physical side. Mikel is needed in their to play the Matic role. Ramires can't play that role either.

For me Mikel plays as we need a solid presence in the middle. For me Rambo only plays if Jose goes conservative and plays him RWF and drops on of Hazard, Willian, Oscar.

Unless we go ultra attacking ^^^ hazard and Willian on the wings, 2 up top and Cesc/Oscar in the middle.

Some more optimistic news for those of us who are superstitious. This is the first Newcastle game I'll be at since we last won there 3-0 under AVB.

Well my record up in Newcastle is terrible. Never seen us win there.

But be calm - not there in Saturday;)

As for the team:

Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpi; Ramires, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Costa.

If Ramires is unexplainedly missing again I suppose Mikel to start...

Come on you Blues!