• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Derby County 1 Chelsea 3

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Capital One Cup Quarter-Final match against Derby County at Pride Park, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Tuesday 16th December, 2014.

Players that need game time: Zouma, Ramires, Schürrle, Salah, Remy.

These guys need to play to show that they can be used during the Christmas period. Hopefully Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar and maybe Willian can have their last rest fir a while.

RLC and Christensen have played for the U21s today but no sign of Baker - so he's either injured or in line for involvement on Tuesday.

Hoping for:

Courtous, Azpi, Zouma, Terry, Luis, Mikel, Ramires, Schürrle, Baker, Salah, Remy

Subs: Cech, Cahill, Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Costa, Drogba.

Although more than likely one of Fab/Willian/Oscar will start.

Faramir   

Fabregas had rest on the weekend, if he plays against Derby he will have five days off before the following Monday against Stoke. Mourinho will play him.

It is after the Stoke game that rotation needs to be considered.

I personally hope we play a strong team and go to Derby looking for a convincing win.

Cech

Azpilicueta Zouma Terry Luis

Fabregas Matic

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Remy

Schwarzer Ivanovic Mikel Costa Ramires Willian Drogba

Faramir   

My concern with the next five games is that four of them are away. Our away form in the Premier League is currently a loss and a tie. Now we face Derby (away) Stoke (away) West Ham (home) Southampton (away) and Tottenham (away).

Hopefully we can build up some momentum and confidence and get the results (wins) we need.

Would be good to see Christensen, Zouma, RLC/Baker start.

I think we'd be risking a defeat with too many younger/non-regulars. Derby will provide a better challenge than some of the lower PL opposition.

The only reason we need to rest players is to allay the risk of injuries from this least important competition. In terms of actual tiredness/fitness it shouldn't be an issue. This game is Tuesday night, and our next game isn't until the following Monday night.

Sciatika   

I am expecting:

-----------Cech

Azpi---Zouma---Terry---Luis

--------Matic--Mikel

Schürrle--Fàbregas--Salah

-----------Remy

With Ramires, RLC and, maybe, Christensen getting the odd minutes.

I'm hoping for a lot of first team players rested. But it won't happen. Reckon we'll go there with a strong team. Probably something like:

Cech; Azpi, Zouma, Terry, Luis; Mikel, Matic; Schurrle, Fabregas, Hazard; Remy

I'd have liked:

Cech; Christensen, Zouma, Terry, Luis; Ake, Matic; Schurrle, Baker, Salah; Remy

Maybe even Ramires for Matic.

RLC and Christensen played 90 minutes tonight. Baker didn't feature at all, Boga played 90 and Brown 35. Solanke played the full 90 as well.

Maybe some of them will feature on the bench but not expecting much playing time for either if them.

Jose already said he will play his best side - bar Cahill, he will be rested. Now, you could debate what the best side would be considering fatigue, but I'm not expecting any youngsters either.